Sportscene watch

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Jonners also said there will be a feature about the Bonnyrigg game tomorrow.

So just the 58 minutes about Celtic then?

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Jonners also said there will be a feature about the Bonnyrigg game tomorrow.

This has potential. I’ll reserve judgement until they show it but Albion vs Motherwell as mentioned earlier is the benchmark.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

A full commentary edit of Killie vs Dundee before showing Bonnyrigg papping out Falkirk? Dearie me.

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Full feature on Kilmarnock v Dundee but Airdrie v St Johnstone and Bonnyrigg v Falkirk are part of a "round up". This isn't budget this is really poor editing

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

Dundee v Kilmarnock getting the full feature treatment even though they’ll play each other 3-4 times already this season. Fucking shambles

And yet, for whatever reason, whenever the draw throws up an all-Premiership tie, there's people who think it should be an automatic TV pick.

It happened this season with Kilmarnock v Dundee, and a couple of seasons ago with Livingston v Ross County. 

It's bizarre. 

Forgot to say saw afternoon Sportscene earlier and David Currie said "it's always a shame when the last non league team goes out" meaning Broomhill. There are still two left...

The TV games should always be near the end IMO. But aye this is really poor.

Is it just me or the cameras used for some of the games looked a bit off?

The St Mirren vs QoS one didn't seem to be white balanced correctly and the Livingston vs Raith camera was on the wrong side (which I prefer)

For the Sunday show they'll have sent a reporter to film a "feature" on one of the lesser games on Saturday.

Think they did one for us vs Stirling Uni last season.

Edited by Ray Patterson

7 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

The St Mirren vs QoS didn't seem to be white balanced correctly and the Livingston vs Raith camera was on the wrong side (which I prefer)

I think the cameras and Livi and Inverness were on the "wrong" side for safety reasons. The usual camera gantries at those grounds are not for the faint-hearted, so a single camera on a tripod (instead of fixed directly to the gantry) is easier to accommodate in a stand. 

Strangest thing I saw was in the Sportscene full time scores they insisted that Inverness had been playing BSC Glasgow today complete with logo,, despite Broomhill and BSC splitting into two different clubs three years ago.  The team in the Lowland League that played today are Broomhill, while BSC Glasgow are down in the West of Scotland Fourth Division.

You‘d hope the BBC might know that, especially as Broomhill is about a mile from Pacific Quay. 

9 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Strangest thing I saw was in the Sportscene full time scores they insisted that Inverness had been playing BSC Glasgow today complete with logo,, despite Broomhill and BSC splitting into two different clubs three years ago.  The team in the Lowland League that played today are Broomhill, while BSC Glasgow are down in the West of Scotland Fourth Division.

You‘d hope the BBC might know that, especially as Broomhill is about a mile from Pacific Quay. 

Why should anybody care about one Mickey Mouse, made-up outfit dividing into two?

It's not even as if they've actually played about a mile from Pacific Quay at any point, because 'Broomhill' is not a real thing. 

Edited by vikingTON

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Why should anybody care about one Mickey Mouse, made-up outfit dividing into two?

It's not even as if they've actually played about a mile from Pacific Quay at any point, because 'Broomhill' is not a real thing. 

It’s just a bizarre mistake to make.

11 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Unacceptable the Airdrie and Thistle games are just chucked in this way. 

Two games with clear upset potential.

They actually dont give a f**k.

I know it's hard to always know in advance what games will be shocks or exciting games, but as you say the Airdrie, Partick and Raith games were all games which everyone knew would be close games and likely 'shocks'. They would all have been good games to watch as extended highlights.

The way they always seem to prioritise 'all Premiership ties' as if this is an exciting prospect is really frustrating. We see these literally every other week of the season, I can't think of a less interesting game to watch as a neutral than Killie v Dundee. That's nothing against them, same applies for showing an all Championship or League 1 tie, the whole interest of a cup is seeing games you wouldn't normally see, seeing how different levels compare and seeing storylines created. I can see Killie v Dundee 4 times a season already. I'm not sure whether they genuinely think it's more interesting to watch, or whether it's just the easier and cheap option for everyone - camera infrastructure already there, commentators/pundits already know both teams etc.

On top of that, showing extended highlights of the games which have already been live on BBC is unnecessary, in today's world everyone who wanted to watch that has either been at the game or recorded it and watched it back. They aren't waiting until 10.30 to watch it.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I would guess that the cameras were already in place for our game since it was broadcast on Killie TV.

I think it’s more likely to have been the other way around to be honest. 

Motherwell TV also had our game on internationally, albeit with one camera. 

Butgets again, innit.

Seems they had no commentator and just 1/2 cameras at Bonnyrigg, so then they can't just bump it up the order and make it the main game.

Comparing it to the English coverage is depressing, but they can afford multiple games with multiple cameras and a commentator, giving them more flexibility in what they can do with the order.

Leading with the Rangers game was fucking risible though. Watched on iplayer, fortunately, and could just skip it. Who the f**k is interested in that?

Edited by VincentGuerin

12 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

You'll get a generic reply and nothing will happen - there are still pieces referring to the bottom team in League 2 losing "senior status", despite my complaints.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Butgets again, innit.

Seems they had no commentator and just 1/2 cameras at Bonnyrigg, so then they can't just bump it up the order and make it the main game.

Comparing it to the English coverage is depressing, but they can afford multiple games with multiple cameras and a commentator, giving them more flexibility in what they can do with the order.

Leading with the Rangers game was fucking risible though. Watched on iplayer, fortunately, and could just skip it. Who the f**k is interested in that?

celtic fans.

2 hours ago, Handsome John said:

I think it’s more likely to have been the other way around to be honest. 

Motherwell TV also had our game on internationally, albeit with one camera. 

Yes, clubs use the broadcasters' resources, not the other way round.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Butgets again, innit.

What we need is for every game to have VAR, so there's always a minimum of 6 cameras.

:whistle

6 hours ago, The Master said:

Yes, clubs use the broadcasters' resources, not the other way round.

What we need is for every game to have VAR, so there's always a minimum of 6 cameras.

:whistle

It was a different camera used for MotherwellTV compared to the BBC's highlights.

Edited by Ray Patterson