Sportscene watch

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're right of course, because it's Rangers against a team that isn't Celtic. 

You don’t believe it hit his shoulder and is therefore quite a clear decision that it wasn’t handball?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

why should it be discussed when even subjectively it can't be argued that it is handball?

I agree, as it clearly hit Sima's shoulder. Making a big deal of it would be as futile as demanding a penalty for a handball, despite knowing an offside would rule the penalty out. If only clubs operating companies didn't have to assuage their rabid and entitled fans. 

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Very much on the 'border' between the two.

If you want to fish, go down the Nith and catch a grayling or two

51 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Very much on the 'border' between the two.

Given that handball is only an offence from below the sleeve-line/bottom of armpit, I can only say I disagree. I think it quite clearly hits his shoulder/collar bone area.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

You don’t believe it hit his shoulder and is therefore quite a clear decision that it wasn’t handball?

I may have been persuaded had they spent the same time on the incident that they would if that had been a Kilmarnock goal.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I may have been persuaded had they spent the same time on the incident that they would if that had been a Kilmarnock goal.

Maybe you could be persuaded by actually just looking at the footage and coming to the reasonable conclusion that it wasn't a handball 🤣

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Maybe you could be persuaded by actually just looking at the footage and coming to the reasonable conclusion that it wasn't a handball 🤣

We'll agree that you will never see sense, and we'll move on. 

56 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is this "shirt line / sleeve line" caper a thing?

I thought it hit him on the rounder bit of the shoulder, rather than the collar bone.   

Borderline.

If it is I'd be wearing a long sleeved shirt hoping to get the benefit of the doubt in borderline calls.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is this "shirt line / sleeve line" caper a thing?

I thought it hit him on the rounder bit of the shoulder, rather than the collar bone.   

Borderline.

The official wording is "For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit", so the t-shirt line thing is a bit of shorthand since they're usually roughly in the same place.

They've even got a wee picture to illustrate it which follows a similar convention.

https://www.datocms-assets.com/43623/1653641422-illustration-book-handball-chosen_en.png?auto=format&q=90&w=4096&fit=max

Edited by craigkillie

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The official wording is "For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit", so the t-shirt line thing is a bit of shorthand since they're usually roughly in the same place.

They've even got a wee picture to illustrate it which follows a similar convention.

https://www.datocms-assets.com/43623/1653641422-illustration-book-handball-chosen_en.png?auto=format&q=90&w=4096&fit=max

Yeah, fair enough.  

It's not a handball then, but certainly close enough for Sportscene to have taken a look.  

Just an odd, odd reaction from some.

No handball offence has taken place, but some want it discussed/dissected because... I'm not sure.

What value would it have offered if they had said in their analysis of the goal "The ball hits Sima's shoulder and he has then volleyed it into the net. A perfectly legitimate goal". Very little, I expect. What are people expecting them to actually say about it?

Regardless of the specifics of the current handball guidance, it's baffling to me that people think what Sima did there should be a foul, or even close to it.

It's also baffling to me that people apparently want more tedious discussion on refereeing decisions.