Sportscene watch

I think that looks offside, but not sufficiently for them to be weird about releasing the lines. Maybe if it was so obvious they shouldn’t have taken about 10 minutes to decide at the time. 

f**k what VAR has reduced this to. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think the point is that it's not "obvious" as the SFA stated. In fact, if it was so obvious to the VAR, why did it take so long to disallow the goal?

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think that looks offside, but not sufficiently for them to be weird about releasing the lines. Maybe if it was so obvious they shouldn’t have taken about 10 minutes to decide at the time. 

f**k what VAR has reduced this to. 

My best guess is that there was a mix up between MacDonald and Sokler at some point, and when they announced it as MacDonald but drew the lines at Sokler, they realised how bad that would look so they just lied.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My best guess is that there was a mix up between MacDonald and Sokler at some point, and when they announced it as MacDonald but drew the lines at Sokler, they realised how bad that would look so they just lied.

It definitely sounds like a poor lie. 

If it has gone they way you suggest then they are cowardly and undermining their own credibility. Such a silly own goal.

If macdonald is offside then they need to be bold enough to say the lines at the time were wrong but the decision is still right. It’s a shit look but it’s a hell of a lot better than lying about it and leaving that open to peoples interpretation. 

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think that is a ridiculous supposition.

There is absolutely no, repeat NO, precedent for Scottish FA officials doing that kind of thing.

Much.

Sorry but for me looking at game last night , 3 Aberdeen players clearly ahead of the livi players in an offsides  , think McCann who I normally think is a good fair pundit needs to go to specsavers 

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

Sorry but for me looking at game last night , 3 Aberdeen players clearly ahead of the livi players in an offsides  , think McCann who I normally think is a good fair pundit needs to go to specsavers 

There could have been eight Aberdeen players ahead of the Livi players when the ball was kicked, but if Macdonald is not offside he is the only one that actually matters. I’m not saying he is onside, but he definitely could be.

Bloody hell, David Currie and Peter Grant. 

Then Clement’s take on the Celtic penalty. Just utter guff, and I’m sure he also says it hit Goldson on the shoulder. 

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Really? Sokler is definitely offside but isn't part of the equation. To my eyes Macdonald looks to be being played onside by the guy at the top of the picture.

Is Macdonald one closest to us?

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is Macdonald one closest to us?

Yes, because he’s the player who puts the ball back across goal, and the only player that can be adjudged to be offside. Although I’m not convinced.

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Yes, because he’s the player who puts the ball back across goal, and the only player that can be adjudged to be offside. Although I’m not convinced.

I think he is probably offside, but decisions shouldn’t be taken on probablies.

Credit is due that they started with Motherwell v Hibs, then segued straight into Aberdeen v Dundee before any manager interviews or analysis. 

If things had been a bit more topsy-turvy during the afternoon, I wonder if they would have done a good old fashioned intercut.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I know how it eventually turned out, but the cacophony of boos from the Tynecastle Faithful when Livi went two goals up, was a joy to behold. 

Straw clutching at it's finest. 🙂

According to the commentator our win yesterday "goes some way" to securing Europe next season. We're 19 ahead with 15 to play for so you wouldn't think it was that hard to figure out Europe is already done.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

According to the commentator our win yesterday "goes some way" to securing Europe next season. We're 19 ahead with 15 to play for so you wouldn't think it was that hard to figure out Europe is already done.

'Only' 11 clear of fourth, fifth won't be a European spot if Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

'Only' 11 clear of fourth, fifth won't be a European spot if Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup.

But we can't finish 5th.