Sportscene watch

54 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Hearts v Rosenborg. Camera pointing at the "Gorgie Ultras". Commentator says "the Rosenborg fans still in full voice". 🤦

I thought that they were Rosenborg fans as well at first (albeit I wasnt being paid to comment on the game). What's with the black and white t shirts and scarves they all seem to have?

Edited by houston_bud

1 hour ago, The Master said:

If they brought the commentary volume down to match the crowd, you’d barely hear it. 

The issue is that QTV don’t use pitchside mics. So the crowd noise comes from only a couple of mics positioned near the main cameras. 

I’d be absolutely fine with highlights with crowd noise + no commentary tbf but guessing I may be in the minority.

15 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I thought that they were Rosenborg fans as well at first (albeit I wasnt being paid to comment on the game). What's with the black and white t shirts and scarves they all seem to have?

Yeah that's my issue - they're paid to know stuff like this. Also, an understanding of the stadium set up and actually looking at the stands, he'd have known that the Rosenborg fans were in a corner of the Roseburn....

18 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yeah that's my issue - they're paid to know stuff like this. Also, an understanding of the stadium set up and actually looking at the stands, he'd have known that the Rosenborg fans were in a corner of the Roseburn....

As soon as the camera started to pan out you could see it was the other end of the ground from where the away fans are.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe anticipating them causing trouble, like Sevco fans smashing up Manchester all being Chelsea fans.

Apparently a reasonable percentage of the Rosenberg fans stayed drinking in the Grassmarket, after discovering both that pints are only a fiver here and that the game was on telly.

During the game on Thursday (maybe half time?) they mentioned the League Cup ties coming up this weekend.

The commentator said that Kilmarnock vs Celtic was 'the pick of the bunch'.

Absolute pish. I'd have it joint bottom, with the other all Premiership fixture, as least interesting tie of the weekend. Personally think Airdrie vs Ross County is the 'pick if the bunch', with Hearts vs Partick, Hibs vs Raith and Livingston vs Ayr all interesting looking ones too.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

During the game on Thursday (maybe half time?) they mentioned the League Cup ties coming up this weekend.

The commentator said that Kilmarnock vs Celtic was 'the pick of the bunch'.

Absolute pish. I'd have it joint bottom, with the other all Premiership fixture, as least interesting tie of the weekend. Personally think Airdrie vs Ross County is the 'pick if the bunch', with Hearts vs Partick, Hibs vs Raith and Livingston vs Ayr all interesting looking ones too.

Nah this is overly sensitive. 

Cup holders away from home against a team that have started well and already beaten rangers. It’s clearly of interest. Yes, they could give the other fixtures more attention but don’t think this is a big deal. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nah this is overly sensitive. 

Cup holders away from home against a team that have started well and already beaten rangers. It’s clearly of interest. Yes, they could give the other fixtures more attention but don’t think this is a big deal. 

Disagree. It's a match that will be played at least three times in the league and a match that was played three times in the league last season. It's dull.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Disagree. It's a match that will be played at least three times in the league and a match that was played three times in the league last season. It's dull.

The key feature is it being at rugby park so I disagree that it’s a scenario we’ll see at least 3 times in the league. I’d fully agree with you at celtic park. 

Plus the cup element is clearly more interesting than a league fixture. A hint of Celtic going out the cup is of interest to any side with designs of winning the trophy. 

If there’s fixtures you’re more interested in then fair enough but it’s silly to suggest that objectively this isn’t a cup tie of interest. 

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why are you stinking up two threads with the same pish M8?Plus the Friday night coverage has been enjoyable.

On 19/08/2023 at 14:16, DA Baracus said:

A fixture being repeated doesn't necessarily make it dull.

Hopefully you'll take this as a learning experience.

Let's be honest, it was a very boring cup draw this round. Killie v Celtic and St Mirren v Motherwell were probably the two that carried the most interest. 'Most' and 'interest' being used in their loosest possible senses.

I didn't even bother my arse listening to the Hearts game today. Couldn't be fucked.

On 18/08/2023 at 09:55, Cardle is Magic said:

I’d be absolutely fine with highlights with crowd noise + no commentary tbf but guessing I may be in the minority.

I had this watching Saints at Celtic on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Our internet tv commentary can be a bit brutal and detracts from enjoying the game at times.

I think the option for no commentary  should be available, and would improve a lot of matches on tv north and south of the border.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I had this watching Saints at Celtic on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Our internet tv commentary can be a bit brutal and detracts from enjoying the game at times.

I think the option for no commentary  should be available, and would improve a lot of matches on tv north and south of the border.

A lot of English games now have 2 co-comms (for balance I assume) & there really isnt any need.

There was a BBC game during the South Africa world cup that had only the commentator due to illness & that was pretty good.