Sportscene watch

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

They could increase the quality of this show substantially if they had some better microphones pitch side. The muffled crowd sounds are awful.

As I said last week, they have the crowd noise turned way down and the commentary that's put on after the match is three times as loud.

13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The running order for this last night was interesting

Celtic win 3-0 at Livingston

St. Mirren win 1-0 at home

Dundee/Kilmarnock 2-2 draw with a stoppage time equaliser and two red cards

At least Dick Foster's jumpers have calmed down.

Nae Hibs game?

On 24/09/2023 at 13:26, eez-eh said:

They could increase the quality of this show substantially if they had some better microphones pitch side. The muffled crowd sounds are awful.

They have Cammy Bell and Richard Foster as pundits, I assume by choice, so I think it’s fair to say increasing the quality of the show is not top of the agenda down Pacific Quay way. 

I actually think the production team run around high fiving each other about 8pm every Saturday night, solely because they’ve managed to scramble together something that can be called a television programme. It has the production levels of a high school theatre group, probably with similar funding. Match of the Day spends £1.25M on its presenter alone, and another £1M on salaries of the guest pundits. If an episode of Sportscene costs more than 5 figures to produce I would be astounded. 

15 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The opposite.

Collum usually cracks one off on a weekend if he’s responsible for giving a red card.

He should be stood down from VAR if he doesn’t ask for a review of that. 

I agree, I suspect he was just raging he couldn't get to do his wee Red Card flourish.

22 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

They have Cammy Bell and Richard Foster as pundits, I assume by choice, so I think it’s fair to say increasing the quality of the show is not top of the agenda down Pacific Quay way. 

I actually think the production team run around high fiving each other about 8pm every Saturday night, solely because they’ve managed to scramble together something that can be called a television programme. It has the production levels of a high school theatre group, probably with similar funding. Match of the Day spends £1.25M on its presenter alone, and another £1M on salaries of the guest pundits. If an episode of Sportscene costs more than 5 figures to produce I would be astounded. 

Another #uniondividend

35 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Another #uniondividend

I’ve not paid my TV license for years, Linekar isn’t getting a bean off me. 

Jermaine Jenas earned £225,000 last year from presenting duties on MotD (Yes, you read that right JERMAINE JENAS).  Call it 4 hours a week, 38 weeks of the year, that’s £1480 quid an hour, pro rata… and people say our publicly funded broadcaster isn’t value for money. 

Stevie Thompson gets 50 quid cash in hand and a sausage supper on the way up the road. 

Edited by IrishBhoy