Sportscene watch

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

BBC Scotland showing 3-hour long live coverage of the Scottish Masters Cup from Braehead Arena on Saturday :blink:.

It was on Sky for years so not that wild that BBC Scotland would pick it up if Sky have lost interest.

On 04/09/2023 at 21:03, The Naitch said:

It was on Sky for years so not that wild that BBC Scotland would pick it up if Sky have lost interest.

If we're basing what BBC Scotland should show on what Sky have lost interest in, they could probably show any Scottish game that doesn't involve one of the arsecheeks...

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Billy fucking Dodds will be back on every show now he's been sacked. 

ICT owe us all. They can make it up to us by appointing their own choice of Sportscene or Sportsound pundit.  Quid pro quo. 

Edited by Savage Henry

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Whoever does the commentary voice overs speaks at a volume three times that of the background crowd noise. Really annoying.

I can't take the entire Sportscene "experience" any more, so quite like the Goals+ bit they put together on the website. 13 minutes this week and it's pretty good.

The biggest downfall is the sound though. Ridiculously low crowd sound level; when Hearts score at Tynecastle (for example) it sounds like the microphones were placed up a hill in Dalkeith. The commentator even, er, comments, on how loud the stadium was! 🫠

19 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I can't take the entire Sportscene "experience" any more, so quite like the Goals+ bit they put together on the website. 13 minutes this week and it's pretty good.

The biggest downfall is the sound though. Ridiculously low crowd sound level; when Hearts score at Tynecastle (for example) it sounds like the microphones were placed up a hill in Dalkeith. The commentator even, er, comments, on how loud the stadium was! 🫠

There’s very few microphones in the first place, which is half the problem. 

Next non-televised game you’re at, take a look pitchside. You won’t see any microphones. 

From what I can tell, the only microphones are positioned with the main cameras at the half-way line, and possibly one mounted on the camera next to one of the goals.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Remember when the old SPL used to mic up the crowd, slap a commentator on every game and upload it to YouTube. I get that the rights would have stopped that but that was the best we've had it.

Didn't they not used to have fan commentators for a few games? Mind a celtic rangers game where cuellar(?) got sent off for saving the ball on the goal line. Classic commentary 

Shite video quality.... 

Edited by reidster78
Added video

On 16/09/2023 at 20:46, NYD1997 said:

2 penalties not given by VAR yet no mention of them in the after game analysis because it’s against the blue bigots.

They aren’t even trying to hide their bias now are they?

In their defense, it does my head in when they spend 90% of the analysis time debating subjective refereeing decisions.

"Trial by Sportscene" is the worst bit about the show, and that says something.