Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely inexcusable tone and weighting towards Rangers in Killie’s thumping victory today. Having Kenny Miller alongside Ian Crockger was nothing short of a lineup expected on Rangers TV.

Beyond that, the ‘interplay’ between Sutton and Boyd is as comfortable as rabies. 

Only saving grace is that I don’t pay a penny towards these shamblec**ts 

Edited by Nutz_the_Squirrel

41 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Absolutely inexcusable tone and weighting towards Rangers in Killie’s thumping victory today. Having Kenny Miller alongside Ian Crockger was nothing short of a lineup expected on Rangers TV.

Beyond that, the ‘interplay’ between Sutton and Boyd is as comfortable as rabies. 

Only saving grace is that I don’t pay a penny towards these shamblec**ts 

His shambling rant late on about what it means to play for THIS team was totally repulsive, biased dross. I honestly thought he was going to self combust at times. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A rare instance of a referee not changing his mind when called to the monitor on Saturday, but “Ref Watch” on Sky Sports News chose to focus on a bunch of fairly innocuous incidents in the EPL. 

Of course, if it was something that went against Celtic or Rangers they’d have featured it. 

35 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

We have 5 years to get a grassroots campaign started to stop this happening next time and move away from sky.

I have no idea how to even begin this, I think we need to start banging that drum.

Don’t suppose you still have the ‘we deserve better’ banner from Tuesday? 

57 minutes ago, bennett said:

If only a team had raised objections about the Sky deal....

Nobody else was interested, Doncaster said on the radio they had put the feelers out but no other TV companies had any interest.

Genuine questions:

What more could he/the SPFL have done to get a deal?

What were Rangers hoping to achieve by objecting to the deal?

3 hours ago, ahemps said:

Nobody else was interested, Doncaster said on the radio they had put the feelers out but no other TV companies had any interest.

Genuine questions:

What more could he/the SPFL have done to get a deal?

What were Rangers hoping to achieve by objecting to the deal?

I would take anything Doncaster says with a pinch of salt. 

16 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

No games on this weekend.

Great decision to have SKY promote our game.

Knowing Sky it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the reason for no live game is because Eilidh Barbour is at the Ryder Cup for the BBC, and Gordon Duncan is unavailable.

That would require effort to find another presenter. 

13 hours ago, well again said:

I would take anything Doncaster says with a pinch of salt. 

I am not defending him and I don't think he is the best guy for the job but I do believe this. If our product was undervalued then other TV companies would know that, BT/TNT have had it in the past and will know their viewing figures and subscribers from it. This data will be known in the industry. If there was genuine interest then it would have been looked at even by someone as incompetent as Doncaster. The SPFL is a members club and Doncaster does what they want, if the members weren't happy or thought there was a better deal out there they would have got him to explore it.

Do you believe other TV companies were interested and were willing to pay more but Doncaster and the SPFL chose to ignore this?