Rangers vs St Johnstone - August 12th

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Spot on. I don’t think it was a coincidence that 3 of the players he took off were those who’s form dropped the most last January/February.

Aye.  The upside is that Steve Davis played a decent 30 minutes and he needs more game time.

I can't argue that without the four subs, we might have conceded a few more but equally, didn't think our performance was too bad. 

A couple of the goals were from set pieces, the other was about the only time we switched off enough to allow Barisic that much space. 

In the context of the last month, I'm not too down about the result and hopefully we'll get a proper run of games going now. The squad needs numbers but it's hard when the window has a while to run. 

Obviously first real look at Conway, Rooney and Olaofe. Some of the latter's touches when taking the ball with his back to the defender were interesting to say the least but a powerful run for his first chance and then what an opportunity for his first goal with that header; I suppose you've got to say he should have done better. 

Thought Clive Tyldesley was first class. 

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

I can't argue that without the four subs, we might have conceded a few more but equally, didn't think our performance was too bad. 

A couple of the goals were from set pieces, the other was about the only time we switched off enough to allow Barisic that much space. 

It wasn't too bad at all except for the Aribo goal.  Letting him nick in like that at the front post was criminal defending.

You also saw the benefit of 'budget' when we replaced Balogun with Helander at HT with no diminution in quality.

Thought Clive Tyldesley was first class. 

Probably the most grating thing about the evening. The stream I was watching lost audio after 20 mins but I have to take my hat off to him. Possibly because of what my previous experience of Rangers TV is but he didnt annoy as much as that absolute weapon who normally covers their games.

Difficult start to the game but as soon as the first goal went in it was like a pre-season friendly.

Good to see David Tanner getting a gig as host on Rangers TV. Tyldesley was superb again and I’m enjoying the sea of Union Flags behind the goals. Delighted to be top of the league and hopefully we can keep putting victories on the board before Celtic’s next game to really pile on the pressure.

34 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Difficult start to the game but as soon as the first goal went in it was like a pre-season friendly.

Good to see David Tanner getting a gig as host on Rangers TV. Tyldesley was superb again and I’m enjoying the sea of Union Flags behind the goals. Delighted to be top of the league and hopefully we can keep putting victories on the board before Celtic’s next game to really pile on the pressure.

As a supporter of a Scottish club it's great to see that every flag contains St Andrew's cross.

The better thing is that we've improved in every game.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well that was a game for the manager and not for the fans.  Had we not had 4 subs made at 60 mins that was heading for 5 or 6 but we lost our shape and started going down the right side rather than doing what we did best and using Borna to put balls in to the box.

So 60 mins of football and  30 mins of training.

Seen a couple folk being critical of this on Twitter last night and tbh it made no sense to me. 

Game was in the bag. Sweltering hot night. Several guys needing game time. Subs are there to be used. Right game and right time in the season to be using them.

8 hours ago, thepundit said:

Loved Clive’s description of Ryan Kent taking a clearance in the genitals as “right in the Trossachs” 😄 

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Brilliant to see the **** getting carried away with themselves 3 games in.

Brilliant to see the shirt peelers deflecting from their covid-spreading player getting carried away on a plane.

26 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So many Rangers fans having a meltdown about the referee on twitter. Give me fucking strength. They won 3-0 and more often than not they're on the side of some generous refereeing decision's. 

I can see it from both ways. Is it really worth kicking up a fuss over given the context of the game? Maybe not.

But, hypothetically, what if the challenge had led to a serous Injury? Would you expect it to be overlooked? I’d guess not,  and that’s probably why folk are highlighting it rather than the potential of it changing the course of the match.

Edited by AJF

It was a very poor challenge and, I thought Stephen McGinn summed it up well when he said, Gordon could have had no complaints at all if it was red. 

On the penalty, only Itten knows if the challenge was enough to put him down. It certainly appeared delayed but with that amount of contact, I can see why folk are screaming for it. Again, no complaints if it had been given. 

Looking at the stats to this game makes intresting reading. They are very simlour to the Rangers v St Mirren stats. Personally I thought St Mirren's tactics were f'n awful to put it mildly .  Looks the same going stats for the Perth Saints. Not that it makes me feel a whole lot better. 

7 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Think aribo is one of my least favourite players in Scotland, but f**k me he's horrible to play against. As in, he's decent. 

How on earth could you dislike Aribo, he's a quiet young God fearing baller.