Mighty Montrose FC Thread

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Didn't realise it was him but sadly I do remember that game

We thought it would be a tough game in the quest for the title, so late in the season, but it turned into a rout, with a very healthy Montrose support that day.

2 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

2nd, 4th and 5th goals. Good strike on him.

That was some day!

Probably the best away day for me personally that season,Cammy volley aswell was some goal.A think it was after that game I was thinking we are actually going to win this league.

10 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

He was definitely out of contract, so not too sure how a transfer fee could have been involved.

As has been said his work rate and commitment was second to none and as part of the league winning team, he will always be welcome back to LP.

Let's hope after today's SFA hearing that we are not regretting letting him go.

I can only assume we’ve had the option to extend the deal and done so to allow us to get even a nominal fee, if not he would have been free to sign from June 1st.

Would set the over/under on Hester at an 8 game ban with a few more suspended, actually tempted to think that wouldn't be a terrible outcome given how heavy the authortities can come down on it. Think we should still have an eye on a loan striker just in case.

EDIT: and yes, I do appreciate the irony of using a gambling analogy.

Edited by Scorge

1 hour ago, Scorge said:

Would set the over/under on Hester at an 8 game ban with a few more suspended, actually tempted to think that wouldn't be a terrible outcome given how heavy the authortities can come down on it. Think we should still have an eye on a loan striker just in case.

EDIT: and yes, I do appreciate the irony of using a gambling analogy.

If he gets less than 8, he’s done well

15 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

8 game suspended ban, comes in to effect if he bets again 

I'm astonished by that, he actually admitted taking money to get carded, what do you have to do to get banned? Nice bit of business for Montrose though, I assume they got a wink from the powers that be.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm astonished by that, he actually admitted taking money to get carded, what do you have to do to get banned? Nice bit of business for Montrose though, I assume they got a wink from the powers that be.

this is a different issue, it involved betting on matches he wasn't involved in whilst at Arbroath and Elgin between 2014 and 2019

45 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

this is a different issue, it involved betting on matches he wasn't involved in whilst at Arbroath and Elgin between 2014 and 2019

Is the one he was in court for still to come up before the SFA then? That was for Elgin v Hibs in 2019.

P.S. Aye, Elgin v Hibs was July 2019, the SFA case dealt with bets up until April 2019. No idea what's happening with the Hibs one.

image.thumb.png.b07c52c487011ca951110ce10120856d.png

Edited by welshbairn

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is the one he was in court for still to come up before the SFA then? That was for Elgin v Hibs in 2019.

P.S. Aye, Elgin v Hibs was July 2019, the SFA case dealt with bets up until April 2019. No idea what's happening with the Hibs one.

image.thumb.png.b07c52c487011ca951110ce10120856d.png

Why would he be up in front of the SFA for the Elgin v. Hibs incident?  

6 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Why would he be up in front of the SFA for the Elgin v. Hibs incident?  

Because he admitted in court to taking money to get carded. The court only found the defrauding Bet365 charge not proven, not SFA gambling rules.

https://www.northern-scot.co.uk/news/elgin-city-striker-kane-hester-cleared-of-defrauding-bet365-306391/

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Because he admitted in court to taking money to get carded. The court only found the defrauding Bet365 charge not proven, not SFA gambling rules.

https://www.northern-scot.co.uk/news/elgin-city-striker-kane-hester-cleared-of-defrauding-bet365-306391/

No mention in that of him taking money.

2 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

No mention in that of him taking money.

The court was shown footage of Hester's home being raided and the footballer telling officers he knew what they were there for and would take them to the cash.

Hester said: "Do you know what would be easier? I know what you are talking about. There's no point mucking you about.

"I've got the money, it's at home. If I take you home and give you the money, that's what happened.

"I was booked in a game and my friends gave me money for it - £2,500."