COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fun fact...Hearts have been relegated more times than they won league matches last season.

Fun fact. A global pandemic has never before led to a league ending with 24 points still to play for. 

Edited by 8GamesToGo

I would never dream of calling a Dons fan a glory hunter.

Is that because you don’t dream due to never sleeping in your unending and futile quest to “save” Hearts from a justifiable relegation?

Or is that just denial of your earlier inference?

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Raidernation said:

Is that because you don’t dream due to never sleeping in your unending and futile quest to “save” Hearts from a justifiable relegation?

Or is that just denial of your earlier inference?

We didn't get relegated in the same way Aberdeen didn't earn their European spot. You can kid yourself on that the result of a vote is the same as actually earning it on the pitch if you want.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I will give you this, that would have been a less catchy username.

I get you think you're really clever with the relegation stuff. I'm assuming Aberdeen have never been relegated? 

Doesn't it kind of defeat whatever one-upmanship you're going for when despite spending all that time outwith the top league we're still well ahead of Aberdeen in the all time table? I'll take a few relegations if we also compete at the other end of the table more often.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

No, I hate you because half your team decided not to turn up. And some other lesser reasons.

Who gives a f**k? Hearts had one job to do and they blew it in such a spectacular fashion that it is still spoken about at length nearly 35 years on and elevated to the status of almost mythical proportions, a nothing journeyman in Albert Kidd. 

I love that you hate us for it still. It's fucking hilarious but there is only Hearts to blame in that scenario. That day, the Hearts players and management certainly already knew the game was over as a contest in Paisley by the 85th minute and at that point they knew that they just had to hold out and they'd be champions, so they had one job left to do... And buckled right on the finish line. 

The way its regaled today, you'd be forgiven for thinking the Hearts game was already over and their fans were waiting on us doing them a favour in the later kick off. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, C4mmy31 said:

broken_record_pixle_gif_by_eclipse_the_cat_da_d8iqr0x-fullview.jpg.143391dc8a9498bc28202bc2d1f59876.jpg

Kilmarnock can f**k off as well. Beat us on goal average in 1965. If that hadn't happened we might not have changed to goal difference meaning we would have won the league in 86.

Guest 8GamesToGo
7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Who gives a f**k? Hearts had one job to do and they blew it in such a spectacular fashion that it is still spoken about at length nearly 35 years on and elevated to the status of almost mythical proportions, a nothing journeyman in Albert Kidd. 

I love that you hate us for it still. It's fucking hilarious but there is only Hearts to blame in that scenario. That day, the Hearts players and management certainly already knew the game was over as a contest in Paisley by the 85th minute and at that point they knew that they just had to hold out and they'd be champions, so they had one job left to do... And buckled right on the finish line. 

The way its regaled today, you'd be forgiven for thinking the Hearts game was already over and their fans were waiting on us doing them a favour in the later kick off. 

I know all this. Makes no difference. Half the St Mirren team decided not to turn up. In time one of those players from that team will go public. Some already have said something, just not in print.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

This has got to be the most harrowing public breakdown since Britney in 2007.

1_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-Britney-Spears-famous-Umbrella-going-up-for-auction-FILE-PHOTOS.thumb.jpg.c040c7407acf06701eee6088cf351ba2.jpg

Actually looks remarkably similar to Lawrence  Shankland. Think it's the big forehead.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I know all this. Makes no difference. Half the St Mirren team decided not to turn up. In time one of those players from that team will go public. Some already have just not in print.

Whether they did or didn't, it literally doesn't matter. 

Hearts failed to control the controllables that day and have been correctly mocked for it ever since. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Whether they did or didn't, it literally doesn't matter. 

Hearts failed to control the controllables that day and have been correctly mocked for it ever since. 

Well it does matter if you believe in fair play. Given this forum's attitude to the last few months, I'm not surprised someone thinks a team not turning up to influence the outcome of a title battle isn't a big deal.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aberdeen living in the 80's and this laddie is celebrating nearly winning the league in 86 

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Fair point. St Mirren came up. But given you, or one of your pals, has been bringing up Hearts getting relegated in the 80s to make some sort of point, not sure you're one to talk.