COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Just popping in quickly guys. I know we shouldn’t talk about them because it’s the Premiership thread after all but I thought it would be a good time to list Hearts accomplishments in the 21st Century:

Appointing a known sex offender as their manager.

Employing a player who was sending elicit messages to children.

Cheating numerous companies, and the public, across the width of Europe between here and Lithuania.

Financial doping (see above) 

2 (Two) relegations in the period.

Finished 12th at the end of 2 (Two) seasons leading to the above relegations.

I’m sure I’ll have missed some.

Edited by Sortmeout

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I see that p***k is back with his tired, dull act.

Get some new material tosser.

f**k off. Your club was one of the worst in this whole thing.

11 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

And yet if Dundee hadn't changed their vote in dubious circumstances it wouldn't have passed. How fucking thick do you have to be not to understand that the % means nothing in the context of that voting structure. 

I mean, all I said was the majority wanted it, and over 75% did, so please explain why I'm wrong in saying the majority of clubs wanted it ended early.

Guest 8GamesToGo
7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Just popping in quickly guys. I know we shouldn’t talk about them because it’s the Premiership thread after all but I thought it would be a good time to list Hearts accomplishments in the 21st Century:

Appointing a known sex offender as their manager.

Employing a player who was sending elicit messages to children.

Cheating numerous companies, and the public, across the width of Europe between here and Lithuania.

Financial doping (see above) 

2 (Two) relegations in the period.

Finished 12th at the end of 2 (Two) seasons leading to the above relegations.

I’m sure I’ll have missed some.

Hibs fan aye 🤣

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, all I said was the majority wanted it, and over 75% did, so please explain why I'm wrong in saying the majority of clubs wanted it ended early.

Because that's not how the vote was structured. That's like the loons who say the SNP shouldn't be governing Scotland because a majority didn't vote for them and they "only" got 45% or whatever of the vote. A different voting structure might lead people to vote differently. The fact is it was passed by one dodgy vote.

And did you miss all the nonsense that went on around that vote?

Edited by 8GamesToGo

11 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Because that's not how the vote was structured. That's like the loons who say the SNP shouldn't be governing Scotland because a majority didn't vote for them and they "only" got 45% or whatever of the vote. A different voting structure might lead people to vote differently. The fact is it was passed by one dodgy vote.

And did you miss all the nonsense that went on around that vote?

What the f**k are you on about? I've never mentioned the "voting structure", all I said was the majority of clubs wanted it, which was proven when over 75% of them, you know, voted for it.

Signed in to see some relevant discussion on attendance at PL games only to see a mad Hearts fan taking up the airspace.

Please f##k off back to you time warped relegation bin.

Again starting to look bad for real fans attending after the weekend trial. 

Can PL survive without supporter income? I see English PL say lost £700 million last year and can't  replicate those losses this season.

I have long thought Championship clubs would have to go a fair chunk of the season with no attendance income. Now I am seriously worried for some. Had been very disappointed with our signing activity but maybe, just maybe we have got it right.

Guest 8GamesToGo
9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What the f**k are you on about? I've never mentioned the "voting structure", all I said was the majority of clubs wanted it, which was proven when over 75% of them, you know, voted for it.

It's misleading. A Doncaster spin. No surprise to see it regurgitated unquestiongly on here.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Signed in to see some relevant discussion on attendance at PL games only to see a mad Hearts fan taking up the airspace.

Please f##k off back to you time warped relegation bin.

Again starting to look bad for real fans attending after the weekend trial. 

Can PL survive without supporter income? I see English PL say lost £700 million last year and can't  replicate those losses this season.

I have long thought Championship clubs would have to go a fair chunk of the season with no attendance income. Now I am seriously worried for some. Had been very disappointed with our signing activity but maybe, just maybe we have got it right.

That was my point. The SPFL has banked on fans being back on October based on nothing more than hope. All their plans are based on it - OF game, SC, lower leagues starting.

They should have created restructured leagues based on the worst based scenario of no fans, including only clubs confident of playing with no crowd income.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

It's misleading. A Doncaster spin. No surprise to see it regurgitated unquestiongly on here.

Saying that over 75% is a majority is misleading?

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

That was my point. The SPFL has banked on fans being back on October based on nothing more than hope. All their plans are based on it - OF game, SC, lower leagues starting.

They should have created restructured leagues based on the worst based scenario of no fans, including only clubs confident of playing with no crowd income.

what to suit you because your shitty club were bottom? piss off

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saying that over 75% is a majority is misleading?

It's spin to disguise the fact that if Dundee hadn't changed their vote it would not have passed despite what 60-70-something % in favour. So if Dundee hadn't changed their vote, would you have been protesting that it didn't pass despite that much support? 

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, red23 said:

what to suit you because your shitty club were bottom? piss off

No, it's a very sensible solution for everyone and no doubt the next few months will show how sensible if lower league clubs start saying they can't play because crowds still aren't allowed. If crowds are allowed we have a chance. With regular shutdowns it's unlikely.

Some clubs very clearly have said they NEED crowd income or they can't play for long. The SPFL should have worked up a solution based on no crowds, because that's always been a very possible scenario.

f**k you.

Edited by 8GamesToGo