20/21 League Cup Group H

tamthebam

Great to have the football back. Just wish we could get in to watch it. Good “win” for us and our young goalie managed to save three pens - one in the 90 mins and two in the shoot out. Great debut.

Edinburgh pass it about well and looked like they might run riot at the start of the 2nd half. But other than that we competed well and were pressing hard at the end for the Equaliser.

Squad depth looks like an issue. 6 teenagers on the bench today.

Didn't realise these games were split up and the groups don't finish until next month. Was hoping we'd have a couple more games to get JET back to full fitness.

Good win though, sounds like Alloa played really well so happy we could turn it around in the second half.

If the quality had been the same as the league games, £15 was completely justifiable. That was really poor today though - aforementioned jumpy quality; ridiculous zoom and the 5 minutes lost at the start of the second half. It needs justification from the provider. 

Not a good performance from us; Alloa were unlucky not to get a point based on the 85 minutes I saw. Admittedly, we were clearly at our best in the 5 minutes that were missed. Obviously happy at the result though which keeps us in a good position to go through as a seeded team.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Yeah the big man prob should've had a goal or two, but he did well in his debut. Was a spell where we totally overran Alloa in the 2nd half but just couldn't get the 3rd goal to make it comfortable, then they had a few chances from balls in our box to nick an equaliser, Stryjet making a good save in one. We deserved the win but it should've been a lot more comfortable in the scoreline to match the performance.

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

But it's not jumping anymore emoji23.png

This is true, worst stream to date this season, that's what i get for slagging the Edin City one, they at least sorted it out 2nd half with a 3rd server, we just papped everyone out and stopped showing us the game till after we scored 2 goals.

As much as i want to contribute paying for streams to clubs, seriously thinking about not bothering for the remaining 2 games in the Betfred cup, it has been extremely frustrating and irritating watching them so far.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

we just papped everyone out and stopped showing us the game till after we scored 2 goals.

That'll show you!! Lol

I think a lot of the issues were to do with it being the first time we've done it with that setup. SPFL gear wasn't available

Thought our set pieces look so much better, some quality deliveries going into the box. I imagine we’ll get a few goals from corners and free kicks if the standard remains as high throughout the season. Although we conceded a goal and Alloa had a couple of chances, I liked ATS and Ambrose at the back, nearly always played out from the back, played some lovely balls into midfield and the forward. We’ve got some good centre halves in our squad 👍

Dunno, i'd rather have big Guthrie playing in defence, also lose a good goal threat from set pieces when he isn't playing. Agree our set pieces look far better now Mullin is in the team taking them, with JET also being there it gives us a better target man for long throw ins again too, think we can go back to having Devlin or Brown chucking long bals into the box and getting goals from them again. 

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno, i'd rather have big Guthrie playing in defence, also lose a good goal threat from set pieces when he isn't playing. Agree our set pieces look far better now Mullin is in the team taking them, with JET also being there it gives us a better target man for long throw ins again too, think we can go back to having Devlin or Brown chucking long bals into the box and getting goals from them again. 

Not saying I’d replace Guthrie with ATS, but I was pleasantly surprised how he performed with Ambrose as a centre-halve pairing, they looked really comfortable and played well together.  Good to have 5 good centre halves in the squad.
Gotta mention how unlucky Devlin was again today, not to get an assist or a goal. I’m sure he will get his reward for his hard work sometime soon. 

I was certainly not paying £15 for a stream in the betfred, going by the comments from other Alloa Fans if it say had been £10 Livi would have made more money from us , not sure if livi fans would agree ..£10 is better than hee haw .

Edited by whereismillar

5 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

I was certainly not paying £15 for a stream in the betfred, going by the comments from other Alloa Fans if it say had been £10 Livi would have made more money from us , not sure if livi fans would agree ..£10 is better than hee haw .

My understanding was the stream money got split like the gate money would have been

Being honest I do think Livi are charging a bit much for their streams, most games I’ve payed for are around £12, Livi Charge £20, seems a bit much

Just now, Rscot said:

Being honest I do think Livi are charging a bit much for their streams, most games I’ve payed for are around £12, Livi Charge £20, seems a bit much

Pricing was agreed on by both clubs, from the sounds of it, it was Alloa pushing for more

Just now, ATLIS said:

Pricing was agreed on by both clubs, from the sounds of it, it was Alloa pushing for more

It was £15 today, but in the league Livi are charging £20 when everyone else is around £12

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yep true, apparently it's about safe guarding the value in the price of season tickets

Remember there are fans donating monthly debits for the club, we’ve just received a nice amount of money from the Dykes transfer. It would’ve been nice if our streams were priced at a similar price to other teams. Instead of £8 more on average. 

1 minute ago, Rscot said:

Remember there are fans donating monthly debits for the club, we’ve just received a nice amount of money from the Dykes transfer. It would’ve been nice if our streams were priced at a similar price to other teams. Instead of £8 more on average. 

There are, yeah. However that and the Dykes money will be gone if we don't get fans in soon. We lose on average 250k per visit from the ugly sisters, and probably a good 100k from Hibs.

That starts to add up fast, could lose about 1.25m by the end of the season

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

There are, yeah. However that and the Dykes money will be gone if we don't get fans in soon. We lose on average 250k per visit from the ugly sisters, and probably a good 100k from Hibs.

That starts to add up fast, could lose about 1.25m by the end of the season

It’s about goodwill, the fans have shown their goodwill by giving money to the club and asking nothing in return. The club then charges them £20 a stream, £8 higher than anyone else.