20/21 League Cup Group H

tamthebam

Guthrie and ATS as CB's this time, Serrano back in at LB with Devlin on the other side. First time a fully fit Pitts has been dropped to the bench as we rotate the team, bringing in a mid 3 of Robbo- Forrest- Mullin, and JET up front. 

I liked seeing Poplatnik getting the start against Stenny, would've liked to have seen him getting another one in this game but Robbo hasn't played for a while. Hopefully comes on as a sub 2nd half to get some more game time though.

53 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Alloa reserves  V Stenny ..should be interesting

For balance...we only have 6 regular starters from our usual league lineup also, and one of them is a forward playing at centre-half. 

Edited by Christophe

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

For balance...we only have 6 regular starters from our usual lague lineup also, and one of them is a forward playing at centre-half. 

we only have 3 and you are right though very poor from us the new lad jamieson is way off fit , i dont understand why we seem to not want to progress in the cup

18 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Is there any chance of us finishing second if we win against Livi and end up with a better goal difference? Or does it go to H2H first?

SPFL site says goal difference first, then goals scored, then away goals scored, then matches won, then away matches won.

Assuming you win today it could possibly go all the way down to away wins, Airdrie would edge out Alloa 2-1.

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I don't think we can possibly qualify as one of the best second place teams on just 6 points anyway

Every other group has over 6 points currently in 2nd place, so don't think we're getting a runner up through from this group unless Alloa have a belter of a second half.

49 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

we only have 3

And one of those is a young goalie who has only been starting because Parry is injured.

The change of formation was as much of an issue as the personnel IMO.

We've been a shade fortunate to come back to lead, although the quality of Grant and Hetherington has been key.

Edited by printer

Don't want to be too negative when we've won 4-1 (and should have scored more) but I'd love to see Bartley's stats for that game. His decline from last season is really alarming. 
Forrest quality again. 
Bartley has been below 4/10 for every game hes played this season.
Too much punditry and coaching to focus on his game it seems.

Relatively poor until we went behind then snapped in to gear. Robert whipping his top after scoring only to be behind less than two minutes later was pretty good patter. 

Sibbald and Forrest were immense. Pleased to see Emmanuel-Thomas get his first goals, but that second half just reiterated that shelling the ball long for him is beyond fucking useless; looked far more engaged in the play with the ball to his feet and brought others in well. 

Bartley has been below 4/10 for every game hes played this season.
Too much punditry and coaching to focus on his game it seems.
Really? He's not been as spectacular and he's not been quite as good as last season but he's been alright. I think a lot of his impact is lost on TV. I remember watching games live last season and thinking he was immense but anytime I watched him on TV he looked off it. He's not the type of player who'll get his foot on the ball and make things happen like sibbald. He does his best work off the ball which won't come across on TV. I could be wrong and he's just been shite but I can't believe he's been as shite as folk believe yet he's still playing most games.

Took us going a goal behind to waken up, another quality goal from Forrest for the equaliser. Great seeing JET finally scoring a goal, then adding a 2nd later on, hopefully is the beginning and see him scoring in the league too.

Forrest on 8 goals i think, another quality signing, prob wont be here next season so enjoying him while we can, at this rate he'll top Dykes tally from last season, certainly looking like getting above Lawless, who was a star for us too.

Got to admit i was thinking Airdrie were going to beat us when they went ahead, looked dangerous from their throw ins and set pieces as well, gave us a good game till we scored ourselves. 12 points from 4 games and a GD of12 too, we have been superb at winning group stages since they were introduced.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Took us going a goal behind to waken up, another quality goal from Forrest for the equaliser. Great seeing JET finally scoring a goal, then adding a 2nd later on, hopefully is the beginning and see him scoring in the league too.

Forrest on 8 goals i think, another quality signing, prob wont be here next season so enjoying him while we can, at this rate he'll top Dykes tally from last season, certainly looking like getting above Lawless, who was a star for us too.

Got to admit i was thinking Airdrie were going to beat us when they went ahead, looked dangerous from their throw ins and set pieces as well, gave us a good game till we scored ourselves. 12 points from 4 games and a GD of12 too, we have been superb at winning group stages since they were introduced.

I'd be surprised if Forrest was bought next season. He's been decent for us, but he's not on Lawless' or Dykes' level.