FM21

ajwffc

3 seasons in and Ramsey is fantastic for me. Barron was sold. Nowhere near his fm20 level.

Grabbed some newgens from the Welsh leagues that look like they'll be really good. Another I snatched from Hibs is almost ready to start every game. Looks like this will be the way to play this year with the Brexit shite.

@Dons_1988 what formation did you go with first season? My first half to the first season was awful but my second half was brilliant. 

Went against my usual game of either Motherwell or Morton and decided to play as Dumbarton instead. 

Just finished my first season. 

Won the league on the final day of the season with a 2-0 home victory over Clyde, 3pts ahead of Falkirk who I beat 1-0 at home in the 3rd last game of the season. A big result considering I had failed to lay a glove on them in the 2 previous meetings (including a home defeat when they only had 10 men). 

Performed poorly in the cups. Finishing 4th in my Betfred cup group, losing against Livingston (2-0), Clyde (penalties) and Annan (penalties). I did however manage to beat Ayr (2-0) in the final game which knocked them out of the competition. 
In the Scottish cup I narrowly beat East Stirlingshire away in the first round (2-1) before losing out to Peterhead away from home 1-0 to a penalty in extra time. 

I couldn’t really sign anyone due to the clubs finances so I relied on free transfers and loans. Bringing in Josh Kerr from Airdrie on a season long loan was probably my best bit of business, he went on to win the clubs young player of the year award and I have extended the loan into next season. 

DFE5079C-A6E4-4037-8BCC-91C889D01B0F.jpeg

C19C4CFC-D374-4B91-A7CA-BBA83561B4A6.jpeg

642B05FC-D9FF-4EE4-A81E-A0B186E55727.jpeg

23 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

3 seasons in and Ramsey is fantastic for me. Barron was sold. Nowhere near his fm20 level.

Grabbed some newgens from the Welsh leagues that look like they'll be really good. Another I snatched from Hibs is almost ready to start every game. Looks like this will be the way to play this year with the Brexit shite.

@Dons_1988 what formation did you go with first season? My first half to the first season was awful but my second half was brilliant. 

It's basically a 4-2-3-1 high press, high intensity 'heavy metal' football.

I'd send a screenshot but my P&B time is generally on my work laptop, not my personal.

ETA - the tactic is great but not sustainable with European football in the mix. The injuries rack up.

Edited by Dons_1988

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's basically a 4-2-3-1 high press, high intensity 'heavy metal' football.

I'd send a screenshot but my P&B time is generally on my work laptop, not my personal.

ETA - the tactic is great but not sustainable with European football in the mix. The injuries rack up.

Sounds like you were playing what I switched to mid season. Correct regarding the injuries.

4 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Anyone play the Xbox version? I’ll buy it before Christmas but was just wanting to know how it runs and that kind of thing. Can you add databases and kits and stuff like PC?

Apparently not on the addons question but looking it up, the interface seems good and similar to the PC version. Might be a similar kind of thing to FM touch where training etc isn't involved and you basically focus on the main things - tactics, transfers and managing games. 

On FM touch, does anyone that buys the full version therefore get touch free ever play it? Since getting a new PC hence being able to play FM again, I've never opened touch a single time in FM19, 20 or 21. Seems a bit pointless them giving you touch for free when you buy the full version if nobody is ever going to play it. 

Doing okay so far in the Premier League with Blackburn, not on it just now so will upload screenshots later. However, I've just found out that Deportivo are now in tier 3 of Spanish football. I don't usually manage abroad in FM but it's something I'd like to try more often and this could be an excellent save to explore to get them back to a level which saw a La Liga title in 2000 and Champions league semi final in 2004. 

I do this every year, end up with numerous saves that I just take turns each at playing 😂 Got my Celtic beta save, Clyde, Blackburn and now potentially Deportivo and the games not even been out for a month. 

Edited by C. Muir

46 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Doing okay so far in the Premier League with Blackburn, not on it just now so will upload screenshots later. However, I've just found out that Deportivo are now in tier 3 of Spanish football. I don't usually manage abroad in FM but it's something I'd like to try more often and this could be an excellent save to explore to get them back to a level which saw a La Liga title in 2000 and Champions league semi final in 2004. 

I do this every year, end up with numerous saves that I just take turns each at playing 😂 Got my Celtic beta save, Clyde, Blackburn and now potentially Deportivo and the games not even been out for a month. 

Do you ever get very far into the saves?

I usually just do one or two saves, but get through 15-20 or more seasons on them

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Do you ever get very far into the saves?

I usually just do one or two saves, but get through 15-20 or more seasons on them

Aye some I'll get numerous seasons into. Others fade away and end up getting binned. 

49 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would this work with your save game? 

No I believe you need to start a new game before it kicks in, and makesure it's ticked when starting new game. 

16 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Brexit ruins your save completely where after a few seasons. 

In what way? I leave Brexit on as I think it adds a bit of a challenge to the game and I like it to be as close to real life as possible. I'm in my third season and whilst it can stop a couple of guys coming in I've not noticed it being terribly bad. Do the work permit rules change?

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

In what way? I leave Brexit on as I think it adds a bit of a challenge to the game and I like it to be as close to real life as possible. I'm in my third season and whilst it can stop a couple of guys coming in I've not noticed it being terribly bad. Do the work permit rules change?

I have a database of around 47,000 players but that leaves only 2200 of them i can possibly sign without a work permit. 

19 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Deportivo is an annoying save. Theyve seemingly just signed an entire squad before you join, and you're sort of stuck with that as you've no budget and they all want to stay since they've just joined. Can barely attract any decent player anyway.

Imagine it'll get fun once you get promoted, but the first season was a complete slog for me and I got bored.

Gone for a skin that removes attribute numbers and star ratings. Using my Saints save so I have a clue whats happening to begin with 😂

Hoping it widens the margin of error in signing players tbh, really hard to sign a dud when you can see everything.