EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

After the villa poster boy Agbonlahor got slapped about it seems every Villa fan has an irrational hatred of Leeds and anytime they do - literally anything - Villa fans attempt to attack it. 

It's kinda cute but kinda weird. Like Lady Gaga. 

It’s a bit of storm in a teacup really. I don’t think that any of what Leeds tweeted was sexist at all.

That said, they do just come across as moaning faced p***ks. It was hardly the worst opinion ever, given they’d chucked the league that way the year before and even if she is wrong, it’s hardly the first or last time a pundit has said something stupid. 

With regards to the Leeds thing.  I might be bit old school.

Back in the day if you wanted to take something said about your team as negative and incorrect, then all you did was stick the offending comment on the dressing room wall and use it as inspiration.  If you managed to get a trophy or European football out of that then even better.

Wee Jim was good at getting his wee corner shop fired up against the supermarkets by using press cuttings in the dressing room but Alex Ferguson was an absolute master at it and did not hide the fact he thought there was a west coast bias (press, pundits and officials) and got his players to buy into it.

Errmm, yes? Exactly the kind of embarrassing cringey stuff I don't like. Fairly typical in that decade of absolute shite they inflicted on us. Makes celebrating not fucking up again and being relegated at the end of it more understandable.
Now what does that have to do with Leeds bursting into tears every time someone says something vaguely critical? Much as you have done here.
I'm more than happy to criticise Villa, I've had years of practice. 

But it wasn't really criticism of the team that was the issue - and more the 'they got promoted because of covid' line. That's just nonsense, and needs to be pointed out.
Really shite from Leeds tbh.
It reeks of them being annoyed only because the criticism was written by a woman.
They also mist have known it would stir up the huge masses of gammon in Yorkshire and put her in danger of physical risk.
Where is there any connection with it being said by a woman?

I'm also not having that she's under threat from physical harm. Some arseholes have posted a load of shite on social media. There's no evidence of any genuine threats.

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Really shite from Leeds tbh.

It reeks of them being annoyed only because the criticism was written by a woman.

They also mist have known it would stir up the huge masses of gammon in Yorkshire and put her in danger of physical risk.

4647AEF4-F2F6-4058-8436-B641DC607959.gif

Nuno Espirito Santo charged for his comments about Lee Mason.

FA really is a farce - You're getting a fine if you don't speak to the media and if you do, and you speak your mind and dare say anything critical, yep, that's also a fine.

They demand boring, sanitised pish.

ETA: Fixed his name.

Edited by Ludo*1

14 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

With regards to the Leeds thing.  I might be bit old school.

Back in the day if you wanted to take something said about your team as negative and incorrect, then all you did was stick the offending comment on the dressing room wall and use it as inspiration.  If you managed to get a trophy or European football out of that then even better.

Wee Jim was good at getting his wee corner shop fired up against the supermarkets by using press cuttings in the dressing room but Alex Ferguson was an absolute master at it and did not hide the fact he thought there was a west coast bias (press, pundits and officials) and got his players to buy into it.

He was right, too.

48 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nuno Santos charged for his comments about Lee Mason.

FA really is a farce - You're getting a fine if you don't speak to the media and if you do, and you speak your mind and dare say anything critical, yep, that's also a fine.

They demand boring, sanitised pish.

What did he say?