EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Yeah I've watched a few of their matches this season and most of them have been horrible but this is great stuff. Non stop attacking. 
I didn't bother with any of the games last night but I've actually been surprised by how many Burnley games I've enjoyed this season (surprised at there being any, really).

13 hours ago, PB1994 said:

It is not really as simple as that though. I would imagine that a large proportion of people who have sky sports don’t just have it for the football. I watch the NFL, Cricket and golf so it is actually good value for money based on how often I watch it. The only football I actually want to watch with Sky is the Scottish games as I usually find the English games really boring but will stick them on if there is nothing else to watch.

It has been a while now since I looked at the prices, but you can buy these separately now, can't you? No idea what that does to pricing, right enough, but if enough people binned Sky Sports Premier League they'd get the message. 

37 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It has been a while now since I looked at the prices, but you can buy these separately now, can't you? No idea what that does to pricing, right enough, but if enough people binned Sky Sports Premier League they'd get the message. 

I had a quick look and can only see the option to have the whole package and not just the individual channels. I’m sure it did used to be an option to pick and choose though.

22 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I had a quick look and can only see the option to have the whole package and not just the individual channels. I’m sure it did used to be an option to pick and choose though.

From memory the price of the individual channel was about £18 per month. So everyone of course would pay a few quid more and have them all. 

7 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

From memory the price of the individual channel was about £18 per month. So everyone of course would pay a few quid more and have them all. 

Christ, yeah no way people would pay for the individual channels at that price.

33 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

10 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Christ, yeah no way people would pay for the individual channels at that price.

There is an option to have individual Sports HD channels or the full Sports HD package.

The full Sports HD package will cost £32.00 out of contract and can be cancelled with 31 days notice at anytime.

If you take an 18 month contract it will cost £20.00 and sometimes less depending on offers available for all 8 Sports channels, if you remove the sports package from the TV bundle in this time there is a £60.00 downgrade fee applied.

If you take 1 Sports channel it will cost £18.00 per month but is in a rolling contract so can be taken off with 31 day's notice at anytime as there is no contract, there is normally an offer to take 2 Sports channels for £22.00 which can also be removed with 31 days notice at anytime.

There are also offers on the single pack channels from time to time, usually just before the start of the season, for example in the weeks running up to the start of the F1 season it was £10.00 per month for 12 months but again you can cancel at anytime so if you are clever and it is your only reason to watch sports then you can place the downgrade with 31 days notice to match the end of the season so only need to take it for the period, Sun, 28 Mar 2021 – Sun, 12 Dec 2021.

On top of this you also need at least the base pack.

I'm not making any comment about the rights and wrongs, just giving the info.

I work for Sky.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

West Ham are really impressive at the moment. Lingard, Benrahma and Soucek are going to get you #goals.

Benrahma had his best game last night, the first thirty minutes he strolled which coincided with his fast for Ramadan. Amazes me players can play at the top level whilst not eating or drinking for over 12 hours. I think before last night, Moyes would have happily seen Benrahma go back to Brentford in a deal with Toney going the other way, but that performance might just turn his head.

I think West Ham will nick that final Champions League spot, Everton at home this weekend before fixtures against Brighton, West Brom and Southampton. All the other sides face each other once or twice. 

Moyes deserves a lot of credit for what he has done this season, I do slightly fear for him if West Ham get into Europe though. There isn't a chance Gold & Sullivan will sufficiently back him in the Summer. Next season will be a tough one no matter what European competition they find themselves in. 

Man Utd v Liverpool rearranged for a week tomorrow, 2 days after Man Utd v Leicester. 

There was an alternative solution that involved moving West Brom v Liverpool to next midweek (Man Utd are free that weekend because of the FA Cup Final) but maybe this is the EPL’s way of punishing Man Utd…

Edited by The Master

Man Utd v Liverpool rearranged for a week tomorrow, 2 days after Man Utd v Leicester. 
There was an alternative solution that involved moving West Brom v Liverpool to next midweek (Man Utd are free that weekend because of the FA Cup Final) but maybe this is the EPL’s way of punishing Man Utd…
If protests are planned for the same game again then it's probably best to try and play it asap.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They're in the semi final of a European competition tonight, they're 6-2 up on aggregate. Let's see if they protest. 

I know you’ve not been in Europe for a long time, but the game is being played away in Rome and there are restrictions on travel. 🙄 

On 05/05/2021 at 18:13, The Master said:

Man Utd can hardly complain about now playing so many games in the space of a week due to this when they are 6-2 up against Roma and still started tonight's game with just three changes from the side that started the first leg.