RiG

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Nando Mendy was really assured tonight, and I was disappointed when he went off. Hope it was just a change of shape and he’s alright.

Yeah, he did well. If he was a new signing or you didn't remember last Summer you might even be getting him in to start on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

We've beaten two of our league rivals in a week, once with a b team. I'd say we will be comfortable. 

You've had several questionable penalties and a goal on the break after being under sustained pressure. I'm confident Hearts won't be going back up this season.

Considering that lineup I'm pretty happy with that.  We lost our way for a big spell second half, but 90 minutes into Haring is a huge bonus.  McGill and Cochrane looked good before tiring, for them being 18 & 19 they looked a good partnership.  Delighted for Wighton as well, 3rd goal was a belter and he'll take huge confidence from that.

Smith, Halkett, Boyce, Naismith, Walker, Lee and Irving to come in on Friday.  Halliday maybe on the bench too.  

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Raith fans predicting we won't go up on the back of a game we won comfortably with a B team. Cute.

You should go up easily. On the other hand, we aren't the yardstick to measure yourselves against in terms of the championship. We'll all be deliriously happy with anything above 9th.

I liked the look of Kingsley and it's brilliant to see Haring play 90 minutes so comfortably. Other than those two and Wighton's hat-trick, there wasn't anything to get excited about.

It's hard to read too much into the performance given that it was the second string team, but the concern for me is that we chucked on a few first teamers towards the end and still didn't look up to much. Roberts looks like he can't be arsed so far and Ginnelly hasn't done much in the last couple of games.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

You should go up easily. On the other hand, we aren't the yardstick to measure yourselves against in terms of the championship. We'll all be deliriously happy with anything above 9th.

I'm not using you as a yardstick tbf, but we'll be better than that, especially the fitter we get, and frankly with the squad we've got it's a sackable offence for Robbie not to go up unless something unforeseen happens.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm not using you as a yardstick tbf, but we'll be better than that, especially the fitter we get, and frankly with the squad we've got it's a sackable offence for Robbie not to go up unless something unforeseen happens.

Like Robo winning the title with ICT?😉

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Agreed. I do think Rovers made it harder on themselves than necessary, choosing to go 3 at the back when our centre halves are virtual statues.  We made a far better go of it second half when we shifted about to our more familiar shape. 

I think only one person has said you wouldn't go up. You should and most likely will stroll the league. We've got a squad just coming up after 3 seasons at the sea side though and with our best player injured for the majority of it. We're obviously taking positives from tonight, the same as you should be. Wighton isn't a complete haddy for example. A shock to us all. As someone else said, we'd be happy with 9th. I suspect with a bit of luck injury wise, which we never get, we could do better though.

12 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

You've had several questionable penalties and a goal on the break after being under sustained pressure. I'm confident Hearts won't be going back up this season.

Which one wasn't a penalty going by the rules? Sustained pressure 😂

Confident enough for a charity bet? Btw covid stoppage declares all bets null and void😂

Which one wasn't a penalty going by the rules? Sustained pressure [emoji23]. 
Confident enough for a charity bet? Btw covid stoppage declares all bets null and void[emoji23]
Come on now. Covid stoppage means there is relegation and promotion. Bets being null and void seems unfair.