Hibernian v Aberdeen

10 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Gogic a huge miss today against McInnes' hammer-throwers.  We needed him today for the inevitable physical battle. 

To think we are essentially getting punished for a false positive, yet the Aberdeen 8 have managed to avoid any form of repercussion whatsoever after 2 players tested positive. Laughable really. 

So unfair! 

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So Gogic can’t play yet Aberdeen get their games postponed due to their players being idiots. Farce :lol: 

Waaaah! 

8 hours ago, VanCityHibee said:

Fresh air swipe , diving sheep 

Fucking hell

2nd half is going to be horrendous...the sheep will just park the tractors.

Parked tractor shots on target- 2

Warrior poet brazil etc - one indecisive crosd

6 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Enjoyed that. Two good teams trying to play football (mostly). Hibs aren't far behind us, they lacked a bit of dig in the midfield, and a bit of game management. They should stay up this season.

Pleasantly surprised with McInnes' tactics. Was expecting a total shitfest from the first minute, but he got the team and subs spot on. Everyone contributed, but McCrorie and Ferguson were immense. Both have incredible desire, and both are smart players. Shout for Tommie Hoban as well, classy defender. Reminds me a lot of Russell Anderson.

Amazed we started as attacking as we did. Not as amazed as Jack Ross was apparently. 

McCrorie and Ferguson were great and were actually given the ball by the defence. 

Hedges and wright look like a pairing. 

But i can't get behind either three at the back or Kennedy at Wing back. Maybe we knew hibs would be ineffective down the left though. 

Big big win for us however we got it. 

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen have recently built their training facilities which are considered "state of the art" and widely regarded as the best in Scotland (Including the OF). We also own our training facilities unlike Hearts. We are currently in the process of building a new stadium within the next 3-5 years which would see our annual turnover increase to around 25 million. The fact that we sell more replica shirts than any club outside the OF (and in fact club merchandise), have more fans active on social media then our Edinburgh rivals, brought 50k to the league final all indicate we have a large fanbase. Our catchment area is considerably bigger then our Edinburgh rivals. When playing in European competitions or if The Rangers or Celtic play us at Pittodrie we usually have a sell out crowd. Once we move into our new stadium Aberdeen will most certainly be rivalling the Edinburgh clubs average attendances and will most likely better them. We have a considerably larger travelling support then both Hearts and Hibs too - thats always been the case. Why don't they ever comment about these facts? Maybe because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Aberdeen are the third largest, third most successful club and have the third largest fanbase in Scotland. End of. Get over it.

You forgot we've two stars on our shirt.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, Aim Here said:

I actually did some research on catchment areas a while back for another thread. If you go by census postcode data, Hibs have by far the biggest catchment area of Scotland, in terms of population (where you assign people to their nearest stadium, using latitude/longitude data). Hearts, although tailing by some distance, are still second, while Aberdeen is a respectable fifth.

LocalTeams.thumb.png.696a9d66c5378446b2b6176bb0f0e4f6.png

Good work. I like that Elgin City have a bigger catchment area than Rangers. 

9 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is this you ? From your fellow fans..

Aberdeen A Bigger Club With A Smaller Support?

It seems this way to me. For the past 10 years our gates have been better. In recent seasons they have been 2-3k better on average.

And yet on 3 occasions now Mcinnes has nipped in and taken Hibs key targets from under our noses.

How? Are Aberdeen a more prestigious prospect than a better supported capital city club, with a better stadium and training facility?

And if it’s about money, how the **** do they have so much more of it?

This result, Aberdeen and that vain hunt Mcinnes have gotten right under my skin. I find it hard to accept these provincial muppets from a declining hole up north as a stronger entity.

Apologies. Now hit me.

No, it's not sunshine. Aberdeen (the football club and the town) don't matter to me, or most other Hibs fans, in the slightest tbh. If looking through the absolute dregs who post on .net in your free time makes you feel otherwise then go ahead. Is it not having a rivalry of note with anyone that rots the brain like this?

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, Bohemian said:

As a famous man once said...

"You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.”

I appreciate the sage advice my Hibee friend. I'll see what I can do.

My posts were slightly tongue in cheek, but I've got a good mate (who should be old enough to know better) who is a reasonable man when it comes to fitba...even as a Hibs fan....but who cannot help but quote hibs.net after around 30 seconds of any kind of conversation.

He even pays to get access to some kind if inner sanctum, which to me truly sounds bizarre. 

So I popped him to see what this oracle of football wisdom was like. And funnily enough, like any football forum, it's full of utter dingbats and feckin weirdos talking shite......a huge amount who seem obsessed with Hearts, and increasingly, with Aberdeen. 

I just couldn't help yesterday but quote a few of the nuttier comments. I'll see what I can find today, no doubt the seethe will continue as these fruitloops wake up and persuade themselves that Hibs were really great, and were just a bit unlucky against these cheating, fouling, spawny, kicking, anti-football sheepshagging basturds. 👍

7 hours ago, DC92 said:

Ooft.

Not sure why some Aberdeen fans are desperate to start a willy-waving contest about trivial guff after a good win and performance today, but it's interesting to see that fanbase size isn't measured by the number of supporters who go to games, but by "social media activity".

Citation needed on the "catchment area" claim as well. I'm guessing Aberdeen's catchment area stretches from Dundee to the Faroes while Hearts and Hibs are limited to Gorgie and Leith.

Utterly desperate.  No Hearts or Hibs fans would bring that up for fairly obvious reasons as it sounds like a conversation you'd hear  in a primary school playground - I've got 12 TikTok followers.  Na nah, I've got 23.  

22 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Bob,  lets not kid ourselves on - there is nobody else on the scene so dont put your back out trying to give yourself that BJ.

hth

9 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I agree with some of this and disagree with other parts of it.

McCrorie was immense, absolutely immense. No wonder McInnes was buzzing about him post match on Sky. He covered every blade of grass, intercepted loads, won the ball and generally bodied Hibs midfield with Ferguson beside him. Hoban is superb but he's going to be a 1 in 3 game player or so I think. Reason being play him too often and he will break down. Use him in the big games, sparingly elsewhere, and I think that will work best.

Where I disagree is the McInnes being more proactive part (although only today I disagree). I think he timed his subs absolutely spot on for all three and made the right subs too. Not often we can say that but I wouldn't have changed anything earlier or in a different way. Even when he said post match about he should have made a double sub, I disagreed as another sub may have caused more harm than good in that it might have caused our solidity and cohesiveness to go.

We are really suiting this 3-5-2 lark down to the ground with Hayes and Kennedy wing back. We are also getting the best out of Hedges by giving him a free role/roving commission. Getting his best performances out of him there.

I think we are getting better every game and although the break is here, we were a tired team towards the end of the game so it may not be too bad.

Ultimately I'm buzzing to win this one and win it so convincingly performance wise.

Fair play to the Hibs fans here for taking it well. However I prefer the heads gone element online and the usual excuses of "rotational fouls", "anti football", "how can you watch that". Makes winning sweeter when you are bitter.

Aye well we won the match so I suppose I cant have too many complaints! I was just a little nervous still by the end with it being one nil, and our performance probably merited at least another goal.

7 minutes ago, Austinho said:

Christ, Aberdeen are a complete irrelevance to most Hibs fans. I've never even been to Aberdeen, never mind knowingly met an Aberdeen fan in real life. I literally know more Gretna fans and they've been dead for years. The only memorable things of note are that your period of success also coincided with Thatcher's evil reign of terror, and that your fans have a liking for the lamb clam. The only occasion Aberdeen even register a blip on my radar is the 3 or 4 times a year we play and I've usually fallen asleep before half time with Hibs TV on my pillow. We've won more trophies in my lifetime than the Dons and we've been shite for decades. You could put a heroin needle to my head and I would't be able to tell you the name of your messageboard. In terms of rivalries, you're the Espanyol to our Barcelona, the Fulham to our Chelsea, the 1860 to our Bayern. I can only assume the vitriol towards Hibs is an attempt to fill the void of having no rivalry, failing to capitalise with any real success while Sevco were shite, and reaching a plateau where the best you can hope for is a pumping at Hampden and a pumping in Europe every season from here on in til the end of time. You're effectively a red version of St Johnstone but with proximity to fossil fuels. You mean f**k all to the average Hibs fan, and don't let one single solitary radge on Hibs.net convince you otherwise.

If you'd left that at a couple of sentences, it would have been quite convincing.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Austinho said:

Christ, Aberdeen are a complete irrelevance to most Hibs fans. I've never even been to Aberdeen, never mind knowingly met an Aberdeen fan in real life. I literally know more Gretna fans and they've been dead for years. The only memorable things of note are that your period of success also coincided with Thatcher's evil reign of terror, and that your fans have a liking for the lamb clam. The only occasion Aberdeen even register a blip on my radar is the 3 or 4 times a year we play and I've usually fallen asleep before half time with Hibs TV on my pillow. We've won more trophies in my lifetime than the Dons and we've been shite for decades. You could put a heroin needle to my head and I would't be able to tell you the name of your messageboard. In terms of rivalries, you're the Espanyol to our Barcelona, the Fulham to our Chelsea, the 1860 to our Bayern. I can only assume the vitriol towards Hibs is an attempt to fill the void of having no rivalry, failing to capitalise with any real success while Sevco were shite, and reaching a plateau where the best you can hope for is a pumping at Hampden and a pumping in Europe every season from here on in til the end of time. You're effectively a red version of St Johnstone but with proximity to fossil fuels. You mean f**k all to the average Hibs fan, and don't let one single solitary radge on Hibs.net convince you otherwise.

Always great when someone takes the time on a football message board to rant on and on about how much they don't care. 

21 minutes ago, Austinho said:

219D9AC1-F99F-4971-8B1F-526AD7B50F85.gif

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

My posts were slightly tongue in cheek, but I've got a good mate (who should be old enough to know better) who is a reasonable man when it comes to fitba...even as a Hibs fan....but who cannot help but quote hibs.net after around 30 seconds of any kind of conversation.

He even pays to get access to some kind if inner sanctum, which to me truly sounds bizarre. 

So I popped him to see what this oracle of football wisdom was like. And funnily enough, like any football forum, it's full of utter dingbats and feckin weirdos talking shite......a huge amount who seem obsessed with Hearts, and increasingly, with Aberdeen. 

I just couldn't help yesterday but quote a few of the nuttier comments. I'll see what I can find today, no doubt the seethe will continue as these fruitloops wake up and persuade themselves that Hibs were really great, and were just a bit unlucky against these cheating, fouling, spawny, kicking, anti-football sheepshagging basturds. 👍

Chances are none of the people who have the opinions you’re calling out will read you doing it. Couldn’t you just sign up while you’re there and disagree directly?