The Fast Show

D.A.F.C

Started watching old episodes again.

Outstanding stuff.

Everything's brilliant, jazz club, jumpers for goalposts, you ain't seen me right, does my bum look big in this, black, lets off road, scorchio, arse, what did I say roy, making love to a beautiful woman, Ted and Ralph.

Marvelous

10 hours ago, Gaz said:

It's a catchphrase-based sketch show, which means it was funny for about two episodes and then it was literally exactly the same every single episode.

The point is, it wasn't.  Once they'd got the catchphrases set up, they then subverted them.  Q.v.:

Plus there were lots of sketches that were about characters rather than catchphrases (Dave Angel, Colin Hunt, Ted & Ralph, Our Janine &c).

Can’t find it on YouTube but it was on on Monday there and there a sketch with Rare Archie (the 30 years man and boy bloke in the pub) and he’s talking to a black guy and he gives it ‘I was a black man, ‘arrest game in the world. Did it 30 years man and boy’

He’s then silent for about 5 seconds then blurts out ‘Irie!’ and I was pissing myself. Was so good. Can’t find it anywhere to post here though,

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Also,

Ted, Augergine. Your, Potatoe. Wifes, Turnip. Dead.

And Ralph followed that up with "sorry.  Er, tomato sorry."  Perfect writing.

I've never heard a studio audience explode as much as they did on this one...also Simon Day has to have a quick nip to avoid corpsing...