Companies and Services To Avoid

D.A.F.C

Related but different, I use Lazada here.  I have been using for 5 years with zero problems but if I'm bored I will search through some reviews for a laugh - it never fails.  The best ones are where somebody ordered a computer desk in pink but got blue , not great but surpassed by the next post where the buyer received  a pair of socks instead!  

Lazada is pretty good here if you filter out China and we use it regular. They actually own a very good grocery shopping service called Red mart, which is excellent.

However myself and especially the wife sometimes forget to filter and its pretty much usually crap from China (although a couple of good/lucky buys). In fairness to Lazada though, they are prompt to no quibble refund, at least here. Never had any problems with them.

For me Taobao, which I am sure you know, is just a goldmine of trash. Used it a few times when I lived in China and was never disappointed.

Defiantly always worth dipping into the 1 star reviews in these sites for a real laugh.

Drop shipping is huge out of China now and outside of a few of the larger players, its a rabbits warren of fly by night resellers dealing with a multitude of 3PL drop shippers and unknown manufacturers. All leads to fun and nonsense.

At least Aliexpress/Lazada have some regulation, unlike many of the others. Lazada probably being the best.

4 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Lazada is pretty good here if you filter out China and we use it regular. They actually own a very good grocery shopping service called Red mart, which is excellent.

However myself and especially the wife sometimes forget to filter and its pretty much usually crap from China (although a couple of good/lucky buys). In fairness to Lazada though, they are prompt to no quibble refund, at least here. Never had any problems with them.

For me Taobao, which I am sure you know, is just a goldmine of trash. Used it a few times when I lived in China and was never disappointed.

Defiantly always worth dipping into the 1 star reviews in these sites for a real laugh.

Drop shipping is huge out of China now and outside of a few of the larger players, its a rabbits warren of fly by night resellers dealing with a multitude of 3PL drop shippers and unknown manufacturers. All leads to fun and nonsense.

At least Aliexpress/Lazada have some regulation, unlike many of the others. Lazada probably being the best.

Yep...cannot really criticise Lazada. I wasn't aware of the China filter but maybe It's defaulted off for me anyway. I always go COD for payment if possible as it removes much hassle but does not help when the item stops working or isn't working - i haven't gotten to the stage of asking the delivery guy to wait until i test it though some do.  Only had to send 1 item back - my fault - but received refund through LBC within a week. I've stopped ordering solar lights though - just don't last even though I switch out the batteries to better quality.

Yep...cannot really criticise Lazada. I wasn't aware of the China filter but maybe It's defaulted off for me anyway. I always go COD for payment if possible as it removes much hassle but does not help when the item stops working or isn't working - i haven't gotten to the stage of asking the delivery guy to wait until i test it though some do.  Only had to send 1 item back - my fault - but received refund through LBC within a week. I've stopped ordering solar lights though - just don't last even though I switch out the batteries to better quality.

Certain things may be country specific. Don’t think you can pay COD here (we are very close to cashless here), but definitely can in Indonesia and Vietnam. I knew they were the biggest e-commerce company in SEA but didn’t realise they are also owned by Alibaba as well.

This makes sense, like the rest of Alibaba, I don’t think they tolerate poor vendors, so generally safer.

Funnily, I bought solar lights from Ikea, they were shit, don’t think they can handle the humidity. Then again, Ikea is mostly junk these days anyway.

I'm rather rapidly losing interest in companies that employ moody (almost always female) school leavers in client facing roles... so a lot of companies too long to list. 

Had one the other day who was adamant that air conditioning faults weren't under warranty, so I phoned the Dundee dealership instead and got an older and clearly more knowledgeable wifey.   Original girl can't grasp the difference between an air con system being excluded  in general and warranty being null and void if you've rammed a foreign object into it. 

Also had issues with an undertaker's young assistant who genuinely just shrugged her shoulders at questions she didn't know (but should have).

Worst service I've ever had was dunfermline Halfords.
Was looking for rainex stuff and it wasn't beside all the car washing area so asked an employee.
"Its over there, see next time ask those people over there (points to till workers) im the manager"

Looked at him and laughed in shock as if he was joking, he wasn't.

Second worst car garage in dalgety Bay.
Phoned up for a test drive, lassie said sure come down for five.
Came down (five mile trip) and mechanics are sitting around fucking about at the front desk and ignore me.
Sales guy walks across, ask him if I can go for test drive, spoke to someone said it was ok.
No chance pal we shut at half five (its five to five)
Mechanics find this funny.
"You've genuinely just lost a sale mate I was going to buy it"
"Sir sir I'm sorry"
Aye f**k off.

9 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Drop shipping is huge

I recently researched into Dropshipping or using Fulfilled by Amazon to sell stuff from China at a mark up. It is a complete sore head with so many additional costs (import tax etc..) and rules (especially with Amazon), didn't make it worthwhile.

Anyway, ordering from 'Next' online has been really shite with delivery lately.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Nah. Just phone up again. I quite like this game tbh. Keep doing it and the boss asks why I took so long on the phone.

Keep calm 🙂

"This is my FIFTH can of Irn Bru while on hold and I demand to speak to your superior!!!" - You (probably). 😂

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

True. However plus point is I'm a lot more enthusiastic on the phone by then. Then they ask for feedback after the call which of course I oblige to do. 

I used to work in a call centre years ago (one2one in Greenock) and the more raging you got, the less help you'd likely get.

That's why I'm super nice to anyone I have to call.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm rather rapidly losing interest in companies that employ moody (almost always female) school leavers in client facing roles... so a lot of companies too long to list. 

Had one the other day who was adamant that air conditioning faults weren't under warranty, so I phoned the Dundee dealership instead and got an older and clearly more knowledgeable wifey.   Original girl can't grasp the difference between an air con system being excluded  in general and warranty being null and void if you've rammed a foreign object into it. 

Also had issues with an undertaker's young assistant who genuinely just shrugged her shoulders at questions she didn't know (but should have).

It's Scotland,  we're mostly all moody kunts.

5 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

I used to work in a call centre years ago (one2one in Greenock) and the more raging you got, the less help you'd likely get.

That's why I'm super nice to anyone I have to call.

Our help desk is out in India and I have a lot of time for it. Is good fun and can take a while . Patience is key