Companies and Services To Avoid

D.A.F.C

38 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Thankfully Spark have gone tits up, and not before time. Shocking company. Some years ago, they bumped my direct debit up from around £40 per month to £170 per month, then had the cheek to bombard me with calls / letters when I had the temerity to cancel the DD. 

Over the last 20 years or so, I've had a major falling out with every major mobile network provider, to the point I've gone full circle and gone back to O2 whom I told to f**k off a good 15 years ago (can't even remember why). 

Most energy providers, in my experience anyway, are a total shambles. Scottish Power are terrible. Moved into a flat with broken meters. Their first gambit was "no problem, we'll just charge you estimates"... will you f**k. "OK, we'll replace your meters with one meter that means you'll pay a lot more for electricity"... you can f**k off with that as well. If you just brass neck it out and refuse to pay unless they replace the meter like for like, eventually they just give up and I didn't pay them a single penny. Idiots.

13 hours ago, Mr X said:

Isn't it all sold by 3rd party sellers?

From Wikipedia

"AliExpress has drawn comparison to eBay, as sellers are independent and use the platform to offer products to buyers"

These 3rd party Sellers see you coming you know..

sellers.thumb.jpg.7618d26a089d861caad01a40faebb8fc.jpg

53 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:
Best add FootAsylum and Blacks to those two too. Again, same warehouse. 

Good to know, cheers

think Size? might be one too. Seem to remember getting a gift card and being able to use it at any of those. 

15 hours ago, Michael W said:

There are only a couple I avoid through crap experiences:

Vodafone - terrible experience trying to cancel a contract within the cooling off period as they tried to charge me. Took many phone calls to resolve the matter as I was passed through several incompetent operators. 

Ryanair - the epitome of shite and all their staff are miserable (probably because they are treated badly). You feel that you're inconveniencing them by travelling with them. Stansted Airport can f**k off as well, bin of a place. 

I’ll agree with Vodafone. My ex girlfriend bought me a phone with the contract In her name. We broke up before it finished and I went in store to get it transferred to my details so I would pay for it and not her. The guy basically accused me of stealing the phone off a random person as she refused to speak to me to verify she did take the contract out intended for me to use. She ended up with the bill in the end and I’ve no idea if she paid it or not.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

33 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
40 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
Douglasbrae
A local farmer told me that "they're good at taking care of animals" but instead of treating the sleeping dog's leg they simply incinerated him.  Never again.

What ?????

Exactly my reaction too.  I had done a little bit of research and reviews had seemed pretty positive from other pet owners:

Reviews.png.1444f5761a6864361b61311ede76d17c.png

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Best add FootAsylum and Blacks to those two too. Again, same warehouse. 

Blacks is decent for camping and hillwalking gear, however, FootAsylum is strictly aimed at the sort of fuds who wear grey jogging bottoms with black trainers, ie neds, junkies and Arbroath supporters. 

15 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Blacks is decent for camping and hillwalking gear

Especially starter stuff (especially for Scouts etc).  There's absolutely no need to have folk buying kids really pricey boots and waterproofs from Nevisport etc simply for a 10 mile hike or clamber up Clachnaben.

Regards,

Peter Storm

Edited by Hedgecutter