St Mirren v Hibernian

3 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

No way is Durmus deserving of being hooked at half time, he’s been a decent out ball and linked well. Dennis first touch letting him down a couple times now getting himself into decent positions at least.

He's actually picked up a bit the last five. I'd give him an hour, at least.

Ethan has been good. Few sloppy moments but decent on the whole. 

I’ve seen some stonewall penalties denied in my time but goodness sake. I think the Hibs defender touches it with both of his hands in the box, play on.

We have been pretty poor save for the last ten minutes of the half. Badly missing Shaugnessy and Alnwick, who have probably been our two best players this season.

Hibs quite happy to let us keep the ball there. Any time they nicked it off us, they looked dangerous. 

That said, a short spell of complete disarray has undermined an almost passable performance. The 4-4-2 looks ok, though we're being beasted in that hole between defence and midfield.

Sheron is poor; I suspect Jim didn't want to play too young a midfield with Ethan and Cammy. Just watching Sheron's saved effort and it's actually a really lazy finish. Lacked conviction. Get him hooked and see how we go from there.

Hibs have been the better side by a long way. We lack anyone who can play a pass to split their defenders and are just laborious.

Jim also really needs another centre half as Foley does his best but it just isn’t his position.

Not getting a stonewall penalty hasn’t helped but no complaints about being 2 down.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Anybody else having problems with St Mirren TV?

Really poor quality - when it's not stopped altogether.

On the plus side, i missed both goals.

The Away stream locked up about 10 minutes in, but I just switched to the home one. Quality is otherwise perfect. Could it be your net connection?

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hibs quite happy to let us keep the ball there. Any time they nicked it off us, they looked dangerous. 

That said, a short spell of complete disarray has undermined an almost passable performance. The 4-4-2 looks ok, though we're being beasted in that hole between defence and midfield.

Sheron is poor; I suspect Jim didn't want to play too young a midfield with Ethan and Cammy. Just watching Sheron's saved effort and it's actually a really lazy finish. Lacked conviction. Get him hooked and see how we go from there.

Sheron's not much older than MacPherson, and MacPherson probably has more first team games under his belt. Certainly at this level. 

I think MacPherson is one of our best players, baffling that he hasn't started the last couple of games. 

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Indeed. Players should make their arms vanish in an instant when the ball is leathered at them from point blank range.

PENALTY APPEAL

St Mirren 0-2 Hibernian

I'm not too sure how St Mirren haven't been given a penalty there.

The ball is floated into the box and Ryan Porteous, under no pressure, palms the ball away with both hands. Nothing given. Unbelievable.

Just now, Torfason said:

PENALTY APPEAL

St Mirren 0-2 Hibernian

I'm not too sure how St Mirren haven't been given a penalty there.

The ball is floated into the box and Ryan Porteous, under no pressure, palms the ball away with both hands. Nothing given. Unbelievable.

"Floated", "Palms the ball away with both hands". :lol: