Motherwell vs St Johnstone 12/09/20

I’ll take a different tact. Think we’ve controlled possession well enough and restricted Motherwell, who are clearly a cut above the St Mirren team we played last time out. We’ve had three very good chances, and Hendry and Wotherspoon really have to be doing better with theirs. I assume Carson saves the MOH one?

We certainly need to move the ball faster when we get the chance to counter attack and I would probably have May on for MOH at this stage. Beyond that keep going for now.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Agree with this, think Saints have been ok, being the better side away at a side like Motherwell is something to be happy with.

The 4-0 loss last season saw us complete more passes, attempt more passes, and play more passes in the final third, than in any other game last season.

Possession/being better on the ball, means absolutely f**k all if youre not going to take your chances.

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Well yeah, but using that logic you can never play well and not win. 

Not at all. I'm just saying that claiming we're the "better side" because we've had more of the ball and completed more passes is just empty. We done the exact same and got battered last season.