Motherwell vs St Johnstone 12/09/20

Grim stuff but at least it's three points. We looked a bit more solid today but still gave away 4 chances that a decent forward line would have scored with. Still a massive lack of chances being created for our forward players - none looked like scoring today (unless I missed it when Verizon Lady was on the screen)...

I’d be far more concerned if we stopped creating all these chances, but we absolutely have to start taking them at some point. It’s not even like it’s just one striker lacking confidence-Hendry, May, Kerr, Wotherspoon and MOH all have to do better when they get chances like that. Or at least one of them has to. All are perfectly capable of taking those chances and have plenty times before.

Hard to judge Motherwell - they scored early and had something to defend. Offered very little going forward and defended reasonably well - though did give up several good chances. If we score one or two of those can they have many complaints? I don’t think so.

The poor finishing at the chances we did have exacerbated/magnifies other aspects of the performance. A bit slow in the build up. Over playing it more and more as time went on. But we still make enough good chances to take something from it. Frustrating to say the least.

4 goals in 7 games now, only difference from this season to last is we actually have a defence.

Davidson needs to find a solution. Hes hindered by the fact he doesn't have Hendry scoring literally every shot though.

I thought we dominated the game from start to finish, nae bother at all. 

St Johnstone offered nothing, and only got a sniff when Lamie tried to sell the jerseys on two occasions. 

A sad night for the 18,000 St Johnstone posters on here. Have they always had as many c***s on here? Jesus wept. 

Edited by Desp

41 minutes ago, Desp said:

St Johnstone offered nothing, and only got a sniff when Lamie tried to sell the jerseys on two occasions. 

A sad night for the 18,000 St Johnstone posters on here. Have they always had as many c***s on here? Jesus wept. 

Animated GIF

44 minutes ago, Desp said:

Desperate 

Clearly the secret to winning games is to be second best, have less shots and possession. 

We have been doing it all wrong dominating possession and having more shots on goal. 

Just be a average and that will get you over the line. 

Who knew......

Big Bevis mind. Becoming a Cedric Kipre replacement and I for one am pleased at that. 

Oh and finally do not sell Alan Campbell and get a contract extension asap. 

Edited by welldaft

9 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Clearly the secret to winning games is to be second best, have less shots and possession. 

We have been doing it all wrong dominating possession and having more shots on goal. 

Just be a average and that will get you over the line. 

Who knew......

Big Bevis mind. Becoming a Cedric Kipre replacement and I for one am pleased at that. 

Oh and finally do not sell Alan Campbell and get a contract extension asap. 

Just ask the teams that beat us

5 minutes ago, akuram said:

Saints never really looked like scoring. Do we actually train with the aim of practicing shooting as we don’t put it into our play.
Pretty play but too slow in our build up and we could use a big target man.

Do you want Jordan White? 

Fine like, three points, fine. 

Campbell is brilliant, Tony Watt is really really good at playing football but I dunno how we make him good for us. Lang needs to get up to speed.

Great to see O'Hara actually turn and run into space a few times, been sorely missing.

Bevis is sound.

Lamie isny.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

How was Campbell's goal today?  Another 'sclaff' I take it?

You wish dug toucher.

Skipped past a few and smashed it home

Edited by Busta Nut