Things You Wish You Had Known Much Earlier

Hedgecutter

Just eat, deliveroo etc take huge cuts of the order when you get a takeaway through them. Thought it would be a quid or two but it's 15, 30%. I'm not using them again, just going to phone up directly now.
Use foodhub they do not take a cut .

There are several places in Inverness that didn't do deliveries until Deliveroo started. I'm sure they're as grateful of the service as I am, otherwise they'd organise their own. I'm thinking Little Italy, La Tortilla, Zizzi's off the top of my head. Not sure how anyone could deliver for them for one or two quid a meal.

Edited by welshbairn

Wish I had thought of hanging the bird feeder outside of the office window much earlier.  Can now sit and have blue tits etc perching <2m away, staring at me through the window.  It gives me an enormous sense of well-being...

On 11/10/2020 at 20:39, superbigal said:
On 11/10/2020 at 18:05, MixuFruit said:
Just eat, deliveroo etc take huge cuts of the order when you get a takeaway through them. Thought it would be a quid or two but it's 15, 30%. I'm not using them again, just going to phone up directly now.

Use foodhub they do not take a cut .

No, they just charge a monthly amount whether the orders actually get to the restuarant or not. 

There's a reason very few restuarants use it and its not familiarity. 

Edit : just seen Mixu actually brought it up. I never knew it had moved to a weekly sub now either. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

23 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Yeah, and they don't take up space or gather dust either.

I use my Kindle for fiction but still like a physical book I can easily refer back to if non fiction. 

All women are mental, it's just a matter if they're outwardly mental or if they hide it. Best thing is to go with one who is outwardly mental then at least you know where you are. For balance, swap women with men and swap mental with dicks.

When painting from more than one can, after using half the first can, pour half the second can into the first and mix it then continue. Keep doing so as necessary, because every can may vary slightly.

After  year or more, that can of paint in the closet won’t match the walls anymore...but if you paint a whole wall, from corner to corner, it will be close enough to not be noticeable.

If you think COVID is a sneaky bugger, it’s got nothing on small paint particles flying when you roller a wall.

Fitting a foam cushion into a covering of any sort is remarkable easy if you put the foam into a plastic bag first.

if everywhere you go there are arsehole drivers, maybe it’s not them.