No crowds?

It's immaterial when it was agreed (there's that rule book again), but there's the situation where a club plays until December, they're in relegation trouble so can simply withdraw with no penalty.  How can that be anything other than tin pot? Even the Juniors wouldn't have dared pulled that trick.  That's where you need a strong board to say GTF should any clubs dare suggest it.

As for delaying the play-off, I'd like to think there wouldn't be an issue given we're in unprecedented circumstances. Maybe gives all leagues a bit of breathing space and a chance to follow suit and pause their season.

Make them all committee - our visitors yesterday, looked like they had the largest committee in the EoS.

Maybe clubs should charge people £5 quid position them 2m apart from each other and call them committee.

10 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

More and more clubs are seeing the advantage of using social media and the Internet to reach their supporters. Can only be a good thing IMO.

I'm not saying it's not a good thing, I'm saying that not all clubs have the manpower or finance to do such a thing. Twitter and Facebook fine, but live streaming is another matter.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

With vaccines in place, it is more and more likely that the 2021-22 season will kick-off as normal.

Delay the 2020-21 season by a month until the end of June, when do you have a close season?

Do you need one? again, we live in unprecedented times where between March-August there was no football at all.  I'm sure that if there was a pause now, then it wouldn't be a hardship to have a few weeks off in June/July and back into it with a shortened pre-season.

8 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Make them all committee - our visitors yesterday, looked like they had the largest committee in the EoS.

Maybe clubs should charge people £5 quid position them 2m apart from each other and call them committee.

I'm sure some clubs do that.

15 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

My da is nearly 80 yr old,tells me he gets knocked back every week at ww but wont be told otherwise as likes to see it for himself. 

I imagine there will be quite a few clubs that have older aged ball boys/stewards as well wi bibs on around the grounds. 🤷‍♂️

#LetFansIn 

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

My da is nearly 80 yr old,tells me he gets knocked back every week at ww but wont be told otherwise as likes to see it for himself. 

I imagine there will be quite a few clubs that have older aged ball boys/stewards as well wi bibs on around the grounds. 🤷‍♂️

#LetFansIn 

I'm sure every club has their share of older fans who's Saturdays were watching the game and a few pre or post match pints, a chat with pals.  Many will live alone.  Both of those have been shut to them for long periods this year, we should have been doing more to allow these guys a bit of normality. The risk of standing outside at a football ground is negligible.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

What are the league's rules on that? I mean, could a club put all of their members on the committee?

I'm not suggesting this btw!

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:

What are the league's rules on that? I mean, could a club put all of their members on the committee?

I'm not suggesting this btw!

It's not some free-for-all... Bona fide committee should be on the club's return and in possession of a pass card. Each club was issued a fixed number of pass cards. Obviously it's up to the hosts whether they actually ask for them.

It's not some free-for-all... Bona fide committee should be on the club's return and in possession of a pass card. Each club was issued a fixed number of pass cards. Obviously it's up to the hosts whether they actually ask for them.
My original post was tongue n cheek.

However there are lots of grey areas as previously referred.

I'm a life member at Linlithgow with well over 20 years service when I was on committee.

That entitles me entry to all home matches - I've never pushed if this applies this season - as appreciate things are tough enough at present.

So personally content to watch via social media and follow the rules.

Don't think people can argue with the scientific parts of covid19, beyond my schooling. It's the hypocrisy that gets their backs up- what you can do and what you can't. Football at non league level across the UK IS  at the bottom of the barrel, for this government. Unable to make proper decisions about the game. IF clubs can play without being tested - fans can attend .

• 2 weeks later...

If they wish (and once they've completed the necessary protocols and preparation) that will allow Coldstream, Eyemouth, Hawick and Peebles to admit crowds of up to 300.

It also raises an intriguing scenario for Tweedmouth.

They were unable to return to training or friendlies earlier, plus were unable to admit crowds between late August and early November, as they had to adhere to Scottish regulations despite ground being in England. Presumably that interpretation now applies the opposite way?

EDIT: Camelon and Dunipace drop into tier 2 being Falkirk, joining East Lothian clubs i.e. 1 step away. Everyone else remain held in tier 3 though.

Edited by HibeeJibee

14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

STV report government has finally sorted Barnett consequentials etc. and £30M+ will be given to spectator sport.

Premiership to get loans; 'lower leagues' to get grants.

Now for the detail...

Let's hope the devil isn't in the detail !

5 minutes ago, Dev said:

Let's hope the devil isn't in the detail !

Key is it being for every club playing (not some arbitrary cutoff at division X).

Then whether it's the same lump sum for all / scaled down divisions (again fairly) or based on application/need.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55254701

Of the £30m for football, £20m will in the form of loans to Scottish Premiership clubs and the remaining £10m in grants for lower league clubs.

Further discussions on the distribution will take place later.

I wonder how long the "discussions" may take. Also how lower leagues will be defined/grants distributed.

Official government wording is:

Scottish Football

£20 million loan funding for the Scottish Premiership and £10 million in grants for all other levels outwith the Premiership – including tiers below the SPFL and women’s football

Scottish Rugby

£15 million in grants and £5 million in loan funding

Basketball

£300,000 in grants

Netball

£100,000 in grants

Motorsport

£400,000 in grants

Ice Hockey and Ice rinks

£200,000 in grants for ice hockey and £2 million in grants for ice rinks

Horseracing

£2 million in grants

So pretty clear that Lowland, East of Scotland, Womens Premier etc. clubs can expect a fair share... and rightly so: they've similar operations to SPFL lower-levels.

Worth adding... £10,000,000 divided equally among ~250 clubs currently playing across senior (except Premiership), junior and top half of womens football could represent ~£40,000 each 💰 💰.

More realistically...

I think everyone would accept that clubs in Scottish Championship needs more support that clubs in North Caledonian League - at extreme ends of the scale you might be talking adding and subtracting a zero. Some support should also be directed towards governing bodies, clubs which have mothballed, amateur football, etc. Nonetheless it shows there is plenty cash to make a real and appropriate difference right down the levels. Reading a bit about how the equivalent money has been used in England (where no governmental support was given to EPL or EFL at all) that seems to be the case: no lions share being gobbled-up by the elite and the rest left with buttons. Lets hope it works similarly here.

Must say I'm impressed that rugby has managed to secure £15M in grants and £5M in loans. Presumably this must be largely connected to internationals. They only have 2 full-time clubs, 6 part-time and 100-odd amateur.

Just good to see any sort of support to help keep clubs going, hopefully everything will be in place in readiness for 21/22 with all clubs still in existence and fans back in good numbers by then. Good for the rugby and 🏇 as well, don't want to see anyone disappear for good.Even though the spfl are the big boys, it's been hard for rugby, racing, cricket and speedway in a blank summer.