Cyberpunk 2077

Wardy

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Apparently IGN had to use approved footage from CDPR? Seen a few people saying they were banned from showing their own gameplay footage and some other folk saying no review codes for consoles.

Could well be the game is still fucked (which is what some people are suggesting) or they’re worried about spoilers. I still remember Patrick Klepek being banned from saying who Otto Octavius was in Spider-man lol.

WWE banning outlets from showing any screenshots of Triple H in peril was also a thing that happened.

43 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Apparently IGN had to use approved footage from CDPR? Seen a few people saying they were banned from showing their own gameplay footage and some other folk saying no review codes for consoles.

Could well be the game is still fucked (which is what some people are suggesting) or they’re worried about spoilers. I still remember Patrick Klepek being banned from saying who Otto Octavius was in Spider-man lol.

91% on metacritic so it's fairly universal acclaim so far. Nobody is allowed to use their own footage yet though, it does seem to be pretty buggy, and all the reviews so far are only for the P.C version so it is a bit of a worry what kind of state the old console versions might be in.

45 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There seems to be an army of utter VL's on Twitter who have decided to abuse every reviewer who didn't give it a 10 out of 10.

"Gamers" are a danger to society.

Same guys who abused anyone who said the Last of Us 2 was good I suppose. People seem to make up their minds on these games months before they come out and are completely unshakeable, no matter what.

Pretty much sounds like reviewers are split between those giving CDPR friendly reviews and people giving them honest reviews.

Fandom is one of the most damaging phenomena there is. People becoming madly emotionally invested in something that they're not responsible for to the point where they become protective and aggressive when people criticise it.

The game apparently gave a Gameinformer writer an epileptic seizure so of course people are giving her shit for pointing that out.
Yeesh!

I’m sure Kurt Eichenwald got someone convicted of some offence for doing this but I think the clincher was the moron that did it bragged to someone that he was trying to kill Eichenwald.

15 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There seems to be an army of utter VL's on Twitter who have decided to abuse every reviewer who didn't give it a 10 out of 10.

"Gamers" are a danger to society.

Truly the worst kind of c***s.

This video pretty much sums up those that are Gamers.

37 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I’m sure Kurt Eichenwald got someone convicted of some offence for doing this but I think the clincher was the moron that did it bragged to someone that he was trying to kill Eichenwald.

Yeah going by what I've seen on
twitter apparently it is illegal in most States over there but is obviously difficult to prove.

Less said about the absolute VLs that care this much about a fucking game the better.  I bet that moon-howler Rammagamma is one of them...

Looks like the reviews are mostly along the same lines.  Design-wise, the game looks to be great.  World's amazing, really immersive, lacking a bit in combat, but otherwise good.  But above all, unfinished.  Apparently an update has already gone out that makes it a "different game" (according to CDPR).

In other news, I've caved...I know it's going to have issues, but as a developer myself, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about them, and hope that it's just minor things.  I enjoyed Witcher 3 so much that I feel like the devs deserve a bit of benefit of the doubt.  plus I've got some days off starting on the 10th, and running out of new stuff to play.  

I'll update you on all when it won't even run on Thursday.

Downloading it now.  Games only about 60 gig.  I’d have thought it would be much bigger.  Or is there a hefty patch to come.  If you’re buying it on pc.  Buy it from GoG.  It’s their own store.  That way steam doesn’t get it’s 30% cut.  

Edited by Lofarl

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Downloading it now.  Games only about 60 gig.  I’d have thought it would be much bigger.  Or is there a hefty patch to come.  If you’re buying it on pc.  Buy it from GoG.  It’s their own store.  That way steam doesn’t get it’s 30% cut.  

preloading too. Had already bought from steam. Oh well

On 28/11/2020 at 12:24, accies1874 said:

Why is there so much hype? Just because The Witcher 3 was so revered?

And because the game has been teased and in development for the best part of 10 years with the biggest advertising buildup for any game I can remember.

I bought it from GOG too but I didn't particularly like having to installl it on their DRM.

5 hours ago, Lofarl said:

I’m sure I read somewhere yesterday that Xbox had a 40gb patch for it.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Should come tomorrow lads. On my original PS4 so I reckon I’ll be able to play it some time next week...😂👍🏻

Genuinely want to hear how this goes cause I have no idea how this will run on original PS4 and Xbones

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:
3 hours ago, Wardy said:
Should come tomorrow lads. On my original PS4 so I reckon I’ll be able to play it some time next week...emoji23.pngemoji1303.png

Good luck brother. You will be unwittingly acting as my guinea pig.

40 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Genuinely want to hear how this goes cause I have no idea how this will run on original PS4 and Xbones

I’m away to basically clear everything off my hard drive. 😂🙏