Dunbar United Season 20/21

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Maybes blame a ref for a narrow defeat but no a 4 0 pumping surely. 

For the record Kirkcaldy have played ww 3 times this season and lost all 3. 

Yer still very much in the driving seat but it's a funny old league. 

For the record Dunbar have played WW twice and won twice but who cares. Well done to Kirkcaldy on their win. We have lost our 3 games away from home against top half team and conceded 10 goals and scoring twice. We still have to play another 2 teams in contention,away from home. We have done well so far and despite a good defensive unit something, is not right, away from home, but it happens and its how we react that matters. Goldie should be given a start. When you are at the top , everyone wants to beat you,it's how you you deal with it. Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes have to visit us,so lots of big games coming up. 

A combination of factors.

End result is that more work has to be done. 
Nobody is taking anything for granted. 
Fair do to K&D, they played a game plan that suited the pitch and their opponents they also looked a young team with a lot of running in them. Those factors helped to get them a result. 
Spanner in the works??? Don’t think so, can’t win every game. This league and the high calibre of opponents won’t let it happen.

7 hours ago, imho said:

For the record Dunbar have played WW twice and won twice but who cares. Well done to Kirkcaldy on their win. We have lost our 3 games away from home against top half team and conceded 10 goals and scoring twice. We still have to play another 2 teams in contention,away from home. We have done well so far and despite a good defensive unit something, is not right, away from home, but it happens and its how we react that matters. Goldie should be given a start. When you are at the top , everyone wants to beat you,it's how you you deal with it. Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes have to visit us,so lots of big games coming up. 

I rate K&D a better side than Glenrothes. I accept that Glenrothes have a better opportunity in the league and a better record. But that how it looked to me. 

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I was only pointing out WW have beat K & D 3 times but been told "who cares" 

Be careful what you post on here. :lol:

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I was only pointing out WW have beat K & D 3 times but been told "who cares" 

Be careful what you post on here. 

3 hours ago, Anychance said:

really 

Glenrothes just beat K&D 5-2 

Glenrothes are a far better team than Kirkcaldy and both have beaten us. No complaints from us,fair play to both of them. People are entitled to their opinions. 

On 27/02/2023 at 19:25, Man from the East said:

Short and sweet 😅

Another poor result for Dunbar. Anyone who thinks we are a shoo in for promotion hasn't seen.us that much. I know it was a cup tie against a team 32 points behind us. We are in pole position,we won't be for long if this continues. I have said it enough times our away form is concerning. 

On 06/03/2023 at 07:10, thesunnydunny said:

More worried about how much of a ban Dean Whitson will get after being sent off as he will be a huge miss in the remaining League games.

2-0 to Dunbar.. no very good. 

30 minutes ago, imho said:

2-0 to Dunbar.. no very good. 

13 pts ahead in the league and a cup win and no flicker of any enjoyment of how well your team are doing. Whether or not Dunbar win the league (most probably, they will), your team will get promoted straight back to the Premier league for next season. Thank God they are not in 3rd/4th place, or goodness knows how you’d be feeling then! 

11 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

13 pts ahead in the league and a cup win and no flicker of any enjoyment of how well your team are doing. Whether or not Dunbar win the league (most probably, they will), your team will get promoted straight back to the Premier league for next season. Thank God they are not in 3rd/4th place, or goodness knows how you’d be feeling then! 

I assume you were at the game to suggest my comment that the game wasn't very good is not how you seen it. Where you at the game.

44 minutes ago, imho said:

I assume you were at the game to suggest my comment that the game wasn't very good is not how you seen it. Where you at the game.

I was and have to agree, it wasn't a great spectacle. Most important thing was the result and getting a bit of confidence after previous two games. 

I think CJ's comment was a bit tongue and cheek as the updates this season haven't been the most enthusiastic about the team....

Just my take on things.

2 hours ago, imho said:

DUFC got it more than you! You won 2-0 so give a wee bit credit surely - even if that’s just because Dunbar are into the next round!

’no very good’ - seems to be the main theme for most of your views on your team so far this season, not just a take on last night. I think though, that Dunbar’s main motive this season will be for a quick return to the Premier League. From a neutral’s point, Dunbar seem to be going the right way on that objective. If you look at where Nitten and WW are in the league (other relegated sides from last season), I think their supporters would gladly be where you are now. 

No, I wasn’t at the game last night, but have been to five matches at Dunbar in previous weeks. 

On 08/03/2023 at 14:39, Casey Jones said:

DUFC got it more than you! You won 2-0 so give a wee bit credit surely - even if that’s just because Dunbar are into the next round!

’no very good’ - seems to be the main theme for most of your views on your team so far this season, not just a take on last night. I think though, that Dunbar’s main motive this season will be for a quick return to the Premier League. From a neutral’s point, Dunbar seem to be going the right way on that objective. If you look at where Nitten and WW are in the league (other relegated sides from last season), I think their supporters would gladly be where you are now. 

No, I wasn’t at the game last night, but have been to five matches at Dunbar in previous weeks. 

At least DUFC was at the game and as such is entitled to his opinion which is hardly ever critical,the opposite of me allegedly. You like commenting on various threads,which you are entitled to do,just as I am  ,to comment as I see it. By the way it was still not a very good game.

Edited by imho

I wasn't at the game either (getting soft in my old age) but midweek games are hardly ever classics in my experience and maybe a 2-0 win in a cup tie on a freezing Tuesday is fair enough 

Even if Fauldy are no great.

I've seen Luncarty twice this season. They looked good beating Thornton in the Alex Jack Cup Final and okay in beating Edinburgh South the other week. If it's on it will be a tough game although thankfully not in Fife... :lol:

11 hours ago, imho said:

At least DUFC was at the game and as such is entitled to his opinion which is hardly ever critical,the opposite of me allegedly. You like commenting on various threads,which you are entitled to do,just as I am  ,to comment as I see it. By the way it was still not a very good game.

You’re dead right on that one.
It seems lots of folk comment on many matches, especially away games, while they’re about 40 miles distant.

As you say it’s a forum for opinions. Long live free speech