Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I got your point. I just don't think the tweet needs to pander to anyone pathetic enough to get upset.

No greenies left but this. It references something he did to wind up Rangers but anyone who thinks that was done to wind up Rangers fans is monumentally thick and not worth pandering to.

Also just seen the replies from Rangers fans going "oh actually Alex McLeish deserves just as much credit" f**k affffffff

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Disagree. It annoyed me a wee bit and I'm none of those things.

Just think it was daft to bring club football into a moment that's for everyone. But it's been deleted so it's fine. Not a big deal.

I'm struggling to understand why the tweet would annoy anyone who isn't bitter towards Clarke or the National team. "Bye bye to a 22 year wait for a tournament". What's to be annoyed about?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Except that's simply not true, is it? Even as recently as December 2018, Rangers fans made up the largest proportion of Scotland Supporters Club registered members.

It was a poor tweet and I, like many other Rangers fans, are over the moon that Scotland have qualified. All that tweet done was add to the perceived divide between Rangers and the National Team.

I never said no Rangers fans support the National team, I agree with you that it's a majority of Rangers fans who do want to see the team do well. If you're denying there aren't a considerable number of your clubs fans who actively want us to fail then I guess we'll just have to disagree.

There's no way the SFA put that tweet out with the intention of getting it up Rangers fans, to take that from the tweet suggests an underlying bitterness/paranoia towards the SFA/National Team or Clarke for me.

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

In honesty, I think it was a bit of an ill-advised tweet from them.

It doesn't irk me as much as others, but at a time when the whole country is rejoicing and you'd like to unite fans behind the team, is using a phrase that was originally used by Clarke to antagonise one set of supporters really a good idea?

Yes.

Rangers fans wetting their pants about it can f**k off tbh. Probably the sort of pathetic c***s tweeting stuff like "Good luck to Ryan Jack and Ryan Jack only" last night. Not got a problem with any decent Rangers supporters. But the arse hole element... don't need them, don't want them. Don't care if they're antagonised.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'm struggling to understand why the tweet would annoy anyone who isn't bitter towards Clarke or the National team. "Bye bye to a 22 year wait for a tournament". What's to be annoyed about?

Try and see it from someone else's point of view then. If Walter Smith was still the manager last night and the Scotland account put out tweets referencing comments he'd made about beating Dumbarton, you'd probably be a wee bit annoyed by that.

It's the national team. We leave the club stuff at the door, that's how it works.

Just think it was daft to bring club football into a moment that's for everyone. But it's been deleted so it's fine. Not a big deal.
Clarke also said Bye Bye Celtic in the same speech. So why are only Rangers fans taking the huff over it?

Just now, Jack Burton said:
18 minutes ago, G51 said:

Clarke also said Bye Bye Celtic in the same speech. So why are only Rangers fans taking the huff over it?

Because it was said after a Killie - Rangers game.

Again, it's not a big deal. But the point of the national team is that we leave the club stuff out of it.

Might purchase a Scotland shirt to rile up Londoners in the pub next June. Is £60 worth it though? Good grief.

Its a horrible shirt IMO, not one of our better efforts, BUT it’s worth bearing in mind, we’ve never been beaten in it!!![emoji23]

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I got your point. I just don't think the tweet needs to pander to anyone pathetic enough to get upset.

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

No greenies left but this. It references something he did to wind up Rangers but anyone who thinks that was done to wind up Rangers fans is monumentally thick and not worth pandering to

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I never said no Rangers fans support the National team, I agree with you that it's a majority of Rangers fans who do want to see the team do well. If you're denying there aren't a considerable number of your clubs fans who actively want us to fail then I guess we'll just have to disagree.

There's no way the SFA put that tweet out with the intention of getting it up Rangers fans, to take that from the tweet suggests an underlying bitterness/paranoia towards the SFA/National Team or Clarke for me.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Yes.

Rangers fans wetting their pants about it can f**k off tbh. Probably the sort of pathetic c***s tweeting stuff like "Good luck to Ryan Jack and Ryan Jack only" last night. Not got a problem with any decent Rangers supporters. But the arse hole element... don't need them, don't want them. Don't care if they're antagonised.

I don't want to reply to each individually, but my point here is that the tweet needlessly brought up club rivalry. There was simply no reason to do so and all it has done is further stir things up between Rangers fans and other National Team fans.

If it was not intended to antagonise Rangers fans, then why did someone have a change of heart and delete it?

You can't choose to antagonise the 'arse hole element' of a fan base without indirectly antagonising the 'non-arse hole element'. We will likely need to agree to disagree, I just simply felt it was a poorly timed and ill-advised tweet.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I don't want to reply to each individually, but my point here is that the tweet needlessly brought up club rivalry. There was simply no reason to do so and all it has done is further stir things up between Rangers fans and other National Team fans.

If it was not intended to antagonise Rangers fans, then why did someone have a change of heart and delete it?

You can't choose to antagonise the 'arse hole element' of a fan base without indirectly antagonising the 'non-arse hole element'. We will likely need to agree to disagree, I just simply felt it was a poorly timed and ill-advised tweet.

I just clicked on the link and it's still there? I understand why you'd feel it's needless as a Rangers fan even if you rightly don't take umbrage with it yourself but it's a wee joke and it doesn't hurt anyone really 

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I think in all likelihood it's one of these things where nobody apart from Rangers fans saw it as particularly antagonistic towards Rangers fans. It caused a bit of a storm and so they've removed it. All fine.

If social media had been around in the 90s and England had put out some Kevin Keegan related tweet about "I'd love it if we beat them" before a game, I seriously doubt Manchester United fans would have thrown the toys out of the pram. I think Rangers fans need to be a bit more honest about why that might be.