Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

2 hours ago, ExiledSaint said:

I was listening on radio but missed the extra time and penalty shootout! My daughter was born by c-section at 22:40 so I missed the drama at the end! Still, what a perfect day!

MON SCOTLAND!!!!!!!!

Gonna be tough for the girl growing up with the name Lyndon-Declan but she’ll be fine.

Mister
Your eyes are full of hesitation
Sure makes me wonder
If you know what your looking for
Umm, baby I wan't to keep my reputation
I'm a sensation
You try me once you'll beg for more
Oooohh! Yes sir, I can boogie
But I need a certain song
I can boogie, boogie woogie all night long
Yes sir, I can boogie
If you stay, you can't go wrong
No sir
I don't feel very much like talking
No neither walking
You wanna know if I can dance
Yes sir, already told you in the first verse and in the chorus
But I will give you one more chance
Ooohh! Yes sir, I can boogie
But I need a certain song
Yes sir, I can boogie
If you stay, you can't go wrong
Yes

3 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Gonna keep searching for the full game on youtube until someone posts it. Any time not spent doing so I shall be re-watching the highlights.

I want to see the game stats at 90 mins. After ET Serbia edged it in most categories, but I reckon we must have been on top stat-wise (and in every other respect) after the 90

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

I want to see the game stats at 90 mins. After ET Serbia edged it in most categories, but I reckon we must have been on top stat-wise (and in every other respect) after the 90

5-4 on pens in the only stat needed to know. 

I live abroad, and I haven't seen my dad since before the virus hit.

The next time I'll get to see him is the weekend of the 2nd round games. So if Scotland get through, I'll be able to watch it with him on the first weekend I get to see him for 18 months.

Bit emotional just thinking about it tbh. I'd just kinda accepted we'd never see Scotland in a tournament.

I live abroad, and I haven't seen my dad since before the virus hit.
The next time I'll get to see him is the weekend of the 2nd round games. So if Scotland get through, I'll be able to watch it with him on the first weekend I get to see him for 18 months.
Bit emotional just thinking about it tbh. I'd just kinda accepted we'd never see Scotland in a tournament.

Another in a number of great stories around this. Brilliant. [emoji106]

5 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Those of us old enough will know what to expect in the build up to the tournament. I'm really happy for those that haven't experienced it yet and are going to now! It felt like it was never going to happen!

Yaaaaaaasssss!!!

I was 8 years old during WC98 so never fully appreciated it. I'm buzzing to get to experience it properly this time round.

I’ve woke up this morning incredibly hungover and read through this whole thread from around page 26 over the past few hours in between watching clips and ordering a dominos and I can honestly say, what a read this is.

I can’t say much about the game cause I really don’t remember much of it through a mixture of adrenaline and being pished but in what’s been a fucking horrible year on so many levels we’ve actually done it.

I just rewatched the video Clyde SSB put up a few days ago and proper burst into full on tears (link for anyone that’s not seen it https://www.facebook.com/227407058938/posts/10159239220008939/?vh=e&d=n)

I honestly haven’t woke up feeling like this in years, Scotland will be in the Euro 2020 Xbox game, we’ll have in the panini sticker book, bairns everywhere will be swapping Stephen O’Donnell stickers, we’ll have our first Euros song since 1998, Irn Bru will make an inspiring advert, it’s surreal.

This year has been a Black Mirror episode but this is the part where there’s an unexpected happy ending, the last time we qualified I was 1 and a half, it just means so much.

The first tournament I remember seeing on TV was Euro 92.  Euro 96 was the first one I properly knew what was going on as I was 11.  This will have exactly the same feel as it's also going to be a 'home tournament'.   The build up will be 10x as intense though as in those days there was no internet to speak of, just the TV and the papers.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Just a reminder that former assistant and now BBC Scotland Speak Your Brains professional James McFadden viewed this tournament as a "free hit".

It was designed specifically for lower ranked teams, like Scotland, to be given a bigger chance to qualify.  A ridiculous take from him.