Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Surprised at how comfortable we’ve looked bar 1 moment where Mitrovic was able to shield it in the box and lay it off.

I really don’t think we need to change anything at all, shape wise it is working out well for us.

That booking for Gallagher was ridiculous, I never even thought it was a foul! 

That's a pretty good half from Scotland. Really like what Clarke has decided to do here.

We've completely stopped Serbia going through the middle. Forcing it down our wings every time, and they're making nothing of it. Every time they go long to Mitrovic, McTominay or Gallagher are there and Jack or McGregor collects the knockdown. We've completely stopped them playing. That's the first thing you have to do.

We just need to figure out how to build our own attacks now without getting caught on the transition.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This referee is a complete arsehole.

Before the game Craig Thompson said on BBC that he would let the game flow and not get in the road. I thought that might be unlikely given that, statistically, he's pretty card-happy.

Turns out that a Scottish referee was wrong. What a shocker.

Brilliant first half.

Dykes easily has the beating of their defence. O'Donnell has been right about it and i think Jack and McGregor having their best games in a Scotland shirt.

One down side is maybe Christie trying to overdo it a few times.

f**k it, we are going to win this.

Good first half.

Impressed by how much of the ball we have got and how high we have pressed. Certainly looks like Clarke has made the right choice with Tierney so far being able to press and cover (certianly better than McKenna could)

Jack and McGregor are putting in a hell of a lot of work too. Limiting Serbia to 1 shot from the edge of the box.

Yellow card for Gallagher is an issue. Can't lose his head here.

We just need something to click up front.

Tierrney’s run and cut back deserved better before half time.

We have been decent without ever really causing them problems. Working openings for a shot, even from outside the box is worth a go tonight in these conditions. 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Surprised at how comfortable we’ve looked bar 1 moment where Mitrovic was able to shield it in the box and lay it off.

I really don’t think we need to change anything at all, shape wise it is working out well for us.

That booking for Gallagher was ridiculous, I never even thought it was a foul! 

Keep the shape but get Armstrong on for Christie.

We actually look like a half decent side, just missing that wee bit something.

Dykes has their back 3 absolutely rattled. McGregor having his best game for a while. Christie just off it tonight, get sexy Stu on.

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

Get the feeling we are going to be undone by a dodgy refereeing decision at some point. Will be interesting to see how our defence deals with that slippery surface in the second half.

Yep, it's the worry. I know VAR is being used, so hoping any questionable decision would be looked at. 

Not sure if it's a case of Serbia just not turning up, or us stifling them. 

Unlike others, ET and Penalties can get in the bin. Get it done in the second half. My only fear is if we were to score early, the mental pressure those players would feel. 

Not felt this nervous in a long time.