Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't take to Lucy Beaumont. At all. Her accent and her shtick are like fingernails down a blackboard while chewing on tin foil, and she always seems like she's doing a bit. Like that quiche lorraine pish last night.

Putting it out there I like Susan Wokoma and not just for her performance on the tasks.

In all honesty I get the chat about the tasks, I think the line up is quite varied and could be good but the tasks haven't been the best.

The secret task thing must be leading to something.

Edited by thomas

The candle task was good, but I vaguely remembered seeing something similar on QI (?) a while ago. 

Some of Julian's put downs are lovely, and it was nice to see Sue sacrifice herself so he could win the episode. His "Whoever you are" remark to Alex was very funny. 

On 02/11/2023 at 23:36, captainkev said:

I've rewatched the boundary task about 5 times now. I just do not understand it and how the points worked out for it. The graphic they used on screen during the explanation has only made me more confused frankly.

I assumed this to be a total of where they were away from each individual cutout, like you a bit confused by it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Good series and a deserved winner. Don’t want to put any spoilers up for those who haven’t watched it yet, but second place was very unlucky and actually done better than I thought they would. The two Susan's were good crack as well. They did put their all into it and I don’t think i have seen a team bonding like they two over the taskmaster series ever. 

I dunno about this show now. Channel 4 have done something to it which isn’t agreeing with me. It’s almost certainly the fault of the producers for running out of tasks, but the casts are just not made up of funny people any more, with far too much emphasis on getting a good spread of people sat in the seats. There’s too much acting and performing going on and it’s all a bit polished. 

The COVID-affected seasons excluded for obvious reasons, the last couple just haven’t worked for me. The one just finished was entirely the fault of Lucy Beaumont. Imagine being the weird one in a marriage which involves Jon Richardson. That accent. :lol: Sam Campbell’s ‘child of divorce’ line was the highlight, probably  

It’s fine that no-one’s come on and been as wide as Iain Stirling, but at least his stupidity was memorable. I don’t think I’ll remember anything about the last season come the turn of the year. 

Channel 4 are entirely to blame for the quality of the tasks going down. I like the show, but C4 is booting the arse out of it by commissioning it too frequently. That task from last week where you had to chuck the cards into the clown bin was seriously woeful, with the only redemption being that four of the contestants made an easily-avoidable error to disqualify themselves.