Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

10 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Just caught up, this week's episode is up there with one of the best, laughed throughout. I'd only ever seen John Kearns on Cats does Countdown and thought he was terrible, but he's been great on this.

I caught up on Friday and after watching the last episode I caught the last five minutes of Richard Osman's House of Games and he was on that as well. Must be flavour of the month.

I don’t think Fern has realised that taskmaster would take a slight bit of effort. If she had realised how much it would take, she wouldn’t have signed up for it. John had the right idea with the bin, but should have just burst the balloons. I suppose that goes to show your brain freezes in these tasks under pressure.

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

I don’t think Fern has realised that taskmaster would take a slight bit of effort. If she had realised how much it would take, she wouldn’t have signed up for it. John had the right idea with the bin, but should have just burst the balloons. I suppose that goes to show your brain freezes in these tasks under pressure.

Even in the studio she's mostly alternated between looking bemused and baffled at proceedings. It's a shame as I've liked her on other stuff but I don't think we're seeing her at her best here. Dara looked really hacked off at her bit of shitehousery at the end of the live task too.

On a more positive note, I would happily watch an hour each week of just John doing tasks.

Listening to the taskmaster podcast and she says that she was tired because she was that excited about doing it, she wasn’t sleeping. So she is knackered doing it. Apparently it is long days just doing tasks from morning to night as well.
Agree about John.

17 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Scotland has more than one accent

She absolutely shouldn't change her accent but if I was around people like that in real life I'd have that expression on my face all the time

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
ECfjSmwXkAEuKMj.jpg

What's the gag here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ein57OSrqoA

On 20/10/2022 at 22:55, buchan30 said:

Listening to the taskmaster podcast and she says that she was tired because she was that excited about doing it, she wasn’t sleeping. So she is knackered doing it. Apparently it is long days just doing tasks from morning to night as well.
Agree about John.

Can see why she's a bit defensive about it now as Greg has clearly had a good laugh at her expense in the studio recordings.

Good episode tonight. Dara's expression when Fern suggests John should act out the animals in the live task is priceless.

Edited by captainkev

Probably the funniest episode of this series so far. Always funny when they pick on Alex, Fern and Sarah clearly enjoyed doing bad stuff to him. With they chutes, i would have turned it into a massive drum kit.
Ed gamble on the podcast saying he would have used the crew and turned it into a giant whack-a-mole game, which is a great shout.
Another good episode for John. I love the fact he has clearly bought a Subbuteo streaker, purely for the show. Always said that when my mid life crisis kicks in, Subbuteo is the first thing i will buy, i will be getting the streaker with it.
Like John, i thought they were going to rule out his last shot with the trolley for his foot being over the line, which would have been a shame as he done so well. I thought he was going to be the David Baddiel of this series, but he has proved me wrong.
Eta: The team tasks were well done as well, clever ideas, rather than just a weird dance.
The live task again shows how their brain malfunctions and they can’t even get the basic alphabet correct.

With they chutes, i would have turned it into a massive drum kit.
Ed gamble on the podcast saying he would have used the crew and turned it into a giant whack-a-mole game, which is a great shout.

I'd have recreated the Shawshank Redemption shitpipe scene. I love it when they go all dramatic with tasks and thought John was maybe going to do it when he lined them all up.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:
I'm enjoying it. Apart from Munya who is as funny as toothache, the contestants all having good moments. 

I did enjoy his "I still got searched" comment in regards to them running around an empty airport.

Aye I'll give him that