Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

Just discovered this thread but I love the programme.

Some of my favourite bits from past seasons:

Josh Widdicombe (but nobody else) being tasked with counting the number of baked beans in a tin, which of course didn't gain him any points.

Joe Wilkinson casually lobbing the potato into the target hole first go, then being disqualified because his toe was a quarter of an inch over the red circle

The contestants coming out of the caravan to find a telescope pointing at the task, which was pinned up some distance away, and having great difficulty in reading it. Only back in the studio did Greg point out that they hadn't actually been told they had to read the task through the telescope

Joe Lycett (but nobody else) having to give a cheesy grin to camera every ten seconds during one of his tasks

The look of absolute shock on Greg's face when he saw a photo of his mum in a bubble bath wearing a fez, courtesy of Rhod Gilbert

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

Josh Widdicombe (but nobody else) being tasked with counting the number of baked beans in a tin, which of course didn't gain him any points.

He got a bonus point for all that counting and then won the series by a point. Frank and Romesh still seething about that.

8 hours ago, MSU said:

He got a bonus point for all that counting and then won the series by a point. Frank and Romesh still seething about that.

I'd forgotten that. Still funny though, to see the look on his face when he realised that nobody else had had to do it.

On 18/04/2022 at 19:26, GordonD said:

Just discovered this thread but I love the programme.

Some of my favourite bits from past seasons:

Joe Wilkinson casually lobbing the potato into the target hole first go, then being disqualified because his toe was a quarter of an inch over the red circle

The contestants coming out of the caravan to find a telescope pointing at the task, which was pinned up some distance away, and having great difficulty in reading it. Only back in the studio did Greg point out that they hadn't actually been told they had to read the task through the telescope

Joe Lycett (but nobody else) having to give a cheesy grin to camera every ten seconds during one of his tasks

The look of absolute shock on Greg's face when he saw a photo of his mum in a bubble bath wearing a fez, courtesy of Rhod Gilbert

The joe wilkinson potato lob and the aftermath is one of the greatest pieces of television ever. 

Those early series were amazing 

Richard Herring and Daisy May Cooper eating watermelon and her losing her shit at him during the drawing task were recent highlights 

On 21/04/2022 at 21:39, Miguel Sanchez said:

The teams conveniently group them up - engaging and funny vs. utterly fucking unbearable

The Judi woman is apparently a comedian. God help us all

I’ve not watched this series yet but I will catch up with it soon. There always seems to be one contestant who tries the ‘couldn’t give a f**k’ routine. Jo Brand is the main one that springs to mind, and she seemed to think that making as little effort as possible during the tasks was absolutely hilarious. This might not be the nicest thing to say, although I don’t think she will ever read it, but everything about Jo Brand makes me feel physically sick. There was an episode during that series where she was wearing sandals, and I was so unwell after seeing her toes that I had to take the next day off work on the sick. 

On 18/04/2022 at 10:47, 19QOS19 said:

Thought she was a ringer for Tiny Tim. Especially in her hat the other night. I have to say she looks incredible for 50 though. I've no idea who she is but I thought she was in her late 30's.

Not the greatest start but we'll see how it goes.

62d3373d6a3684a6f9597f8cb9a79e38.jpg

She's married to Stewart Lee which, if anything, should make you look much  older than your true age.

Only just got into Taskmaster in the last few months and there's been a fantastic list of highlights already mentioned in this thread but I'll go through some others.

42 Calippos.

Getting the camel through the smallest gap.

Noel hiding as a banana.

Anytime there's a task that 1 person figures out and the rest don't.  Paint a rainbow in the dark and Mark Watson just finds the light switch for example.

James Acaster is easily the most entertaining person who has ever been on the show.  Him and Bob Mortimer the 2 stand outs.

Big fan of Chris Ramsey and Ardal this season and Sophie isn't too bad.  The other 2 are already frustrating me.

Sophie Duker on the Taskmaster podcast last week was good fun so I'd quite like her to win now, please, with Chris going unintelligibly Geordie on every prize task.

The series is picking up and some careful editing meant Judi Love didn’t do too much damage to episode 3. 

Absolutely no incentive to go look up anything else she’s done based on this series and am almost certain to avoid anything she’s in.