French teacher beheaded

ICTChris

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Loving the idea of going to Myanmar to find Rohingya Muslims just to show them real persecution like Jerry Springer: The Opera

Ah! Twisting my words, I see! I didn't mention 'persecution':

Christianity is mocked far more than Islam in this country and abroad. The Piss Christ, Jerry Springer: The Opera, Jo Clifford's trans Jesus are some of the more infamous examples.

Christians are second-class citizens (*****mis) in most Muslim countries - e.g. Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan - and a Muslim who converts to another faith (apostasy) faces severe punishment, including death. But that would be an entirely different conversation, of course. Communism has a long tradition of persecution the religious, and currently the Chinese are oppressing the Uyghurs, but the USSR, China and North Korea have also oppressed and murdered their fair share of Christians, too. But again, that's off topic.

I was talking about ridicule, as in art - cartoons, plays, etc. Though you already knew that...

3 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Ah! Twisting my words, I see! I didn't mention 'persecution':

Christians are second-class citizens (*****mis) in most Muslim countries - e.g. Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan - and a Muslim who converts to another faith (apostasy) faces severe punishment, including death. But that would be an entirely different conversation, of course. Communism has a long tradition of persecution the religious, and currently the Chinese are oppressing the Uyghurs, but the USSR, China and North Korea have also oppressed and murdered their fair share of Christians, too. But again, that's off topic.

I was talking about ridicule, as in art - cartoons, plays, etc. Though you already knew that...

Feels like that Stewart Lee bit where nobody actually understands Islam enough to properly ridicule it and what people actually mean is "mock the way they look"  but go off king!

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Feels like that Stewart Lee bit where nobody actually understands Islam enough to properly ridicule it and what people actually mean is "mock the way they look"  but go off king!

Oh it's not hard...the guy had four wives, one under age and was a slave trader. That's considered historical fact. But when I have brought this up with Muslims they got upset, and initially started abusing Jesus; but when I pointed out Jesus is actually considered a holy prophet in the Quran and is predicted to return at the End Times I got death threats.

But just drawing the prophet would be enough to get a fatwa. 

Just now, Ralstonite said:

Oh it's not hard...the guy had four wives, one under age and was a slave trader. That's considered historical fact. But when I have brought this up with Muslims they got upset, and initially started abusing Jesus; but when I pointed out Jesus is actually considered a holy prophet in the Quran and is predicted to return at the End Times I got death threats.

First time for me using this gif, but needs must.

image.png?w=400&c=1

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

First time for me using this gif, but needs must.

image.png?w=400&c=1

Aye, in a Reddit discussion, but I have also had death threats on YouTube for similar sorts of stuff. Try it yourself if you like. It's more difficult that it use to be due to stricter moderation, and even asking a factual question like 'What sort of God would send a man like Mohammed as his representative [then elaborate and mention his history]? ' is more difficult and tends to get censored. 

Edited by Ralstonite

7 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Aye, in a Reddit discussion, but I have also had death threats in YouTube for similar sorts of stuff. Try it yourself if you like. It's more difficult that it use to be due to stricter moderation, and even asking a factual question like 'What sort of God would send a man like Mohammed as his representative [then elaborate and mention his history]? ' is more difficult and tends to get censored. 

So you told a bunch of Muslims on Reddit that Mohammed was a paedo, and you got some come back? Did you actually make a Youtube video saying the same or was it in the comments below someone else's? You really need to get out more and develop some understanding of cultural norms of the 7th century, as well as the 21st. Timothy should have explained it all to you.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So you told a bunch of Muslims on Reddit that Mohammed was a paedo, and you got some come back? Did you actually make a Youtube video saying the same or was it in the comments below someone else's? You really need to get out more and develop some understanding of cultural norms of the 7th century, as well as the 21st. Timothy should have explained it all to you.

Effectively, yes. It was in the comments, and the death threats came in private messages. 

Ach, so it's okay for you to mock me for my faith, but really bad  of me to ask a a member of another faith how they can believe such a flawed character is a messenger from God? At least I was genuinely asking and not trolling.

@virginton has just red-dotted about ten of my posts, which is his prerogative. But I'd be interested to know why! At least have the courage to debate, man! It better not be because I'm a St. Mirren fan...also I couldn't help notice that someone seems to have created what appears to have been a parody account - @vikingTWAT

Edited by Ralstonite

1 hour ago, Ralstonite said:

There's prophecy throughout the Bible, some fulfilled already.

If you believe that the historical character known as Saint Paul was somehow granted magical, all-seeing prophetic powers just before writing his second letter to Timothy, sure. In reality, you are clinging onto the 2000 year old equivalent of fanboy Game of Thrones theories champ. Just let that sink in.

7 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

@virginton has just red-dotted about ten of my posts, which is his prerogative. But I'd be interested to know why! At least have the courage to debate, man! It better not be because I'm a St. Mirren fan...also I couldn't help notice that someone seems to have created what appears to have been a parody account - @vikingTWAT

Whereas you've made a parody account all by yourself with your clown running across a minefield performance in this thread. Well done champ.

Effectively, yes. It was in the comments, and the death threats came in private messages. 
Ach, so it's okay for you to mock me for my faith, but really bad  of me to ask a a member of another faith how they can believe such a flawed character is a messenger from God? At least I was genuinely asking and not trolling.

Jesus-fucking-christ! Allegedly going out your way to engage with other fruit loops on the internet to say your sky fairy is better and getting upset at the reaction.

Your the only one on here trying to decry Islam as some inferior and evil cult that has 1.8bn held in their clutches compared to your superior fantasy.

As most here have said all religion is as bad as each other.

If someones belief makes them happy and live a better life all good and well. If it drives them to be intolerant and a moral w****r that's different.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Whereas you've made a parody account all by yourself with your clown running across a minefield performance in this thread. Well done champ.

I accept that as I'm about the only Christian replying to this thread, my religious beliefs will be considered a bit odd, but overall I think my responses have been cogent and civilised. 

3 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Jesus-fucking-christ! Allegedly going out your way to engage with other fruit loops on the internet to say your sky fairy is better and getting upset at the reaction.

Your the only one on here trying to decry Islam as some inferior and evil cult that has 1.8bn held in their clutches compared to your superior fantasy.

As most here have said all religion is as bad as each other.

If someones belief makes them happy and live a better life all good and well. If it drives them to be intolerant and a moral w****r that's different.

Where did I say I got upset at the reaction?

But, aye, I'm happy to debate with others who believe in the 'sky fairy'. As for all religion being as 'bad as each other', that's clearly nonsense. How many Hindu or Buddhist terrorist attacks have their been in Europe?

Where did I say I got upset at the reaction?
But, aye, I'm happy to debate with others who believe in the 'sky fairy'. As for all religion being as 'bad as each other', that's clearly nonsense. How many Hindu or Buddhist terrorist attacks have their been in Europe?

That upset your on here bleating/trolling about it.

Religion being as bad as each other in the fact they are all based on absolute nonsense and mostly drive division.

Why would you debate with other sky fairy believers (and not expect hostility). Are people not allowed a different view to yourself?

2 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

But just drawing the prophet would be enough to get a fatwa. 

By historical fact you mean speculation, myth and probably fiction. Unless you happen to believe muslim "scholars" who have established historical fact mainly from the koran. 

1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

That upset your on here bleating/trolling about it.

Religion being as bad as each other in the fact they are all based on absolute nonsense and mostly drive division.

Why would you debate with other sky fairy believers (and not expect hostility). Are people not allowed a different view to yourself?

I wasn't 'bleating on' or 'trolling'. Not quite sure why you have such a belligerent attitude. This is a thread to discuss the teacher who was beheaded in France, and three people were murdered yesterday, so I am not sure why you presume me commenting on Islam, or my experiences debating Muslims, as either. 

Why wouldn't I debate with people of other faiths? Of course they can have a different opinion, but given that they believe in a gad, I'm interested to know why they believe Mohammed would be chosen as the final messenger. You should, too - Islam is growing rapidly in this country, and depending how old you are may well end up impacting your life in why way or another. :) 

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

By historical fact you mean speculation, myth and probably fiction. Unless you happen to believe muslim "scholars" who have established historical fact mainly from the koran. 

Well most historical fact from that era comes from what was recorded by the subject's contemporaries, and scholars of the time. I do appreciate that, given their esteem, such people may refrain from recording less flattering information and embellish other things, but the same could be said about kings and emperors. Why someone would lie about the details I have mentioned is unclear. 

Edited by Ralstonite