The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

....a dumb and baseless stereotype folk like you have invented to feel superior....

Al Gore and co have used apocalyptic environmental catastrophism to present themselves as messiahs to save the plebs from a nighmarish future, in much the same sort of way Dubya Bush and co did with the "war on terror" that turned right wing American politics psychotic enough for a figure like Trump to be able to emerge. Nobody was taking Al Gore seriously any more so they needed a new prophet of doom and seem to have latched onto Greta for that role. Reality is the future's probably not going to be so very different from the way things have been and life tends to be a lot more pleasant if you don't get taken in by any of the doomsday cultists that are flavour of the month at any particular moment in time. Better Biden and some old-style cynical careerism and steer well clear of the Kool-Aid.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

God they act like voting for a woman is some great amazing act that only America can do.  Who’s this c**t actually greeting on CNN.  
It crossed my mind if he was taking it too far but i don't think he is.

I had a similar conversation this morning with my 7 year old about character, and the fact that trump told lies, and couldn't admit defeat. I showed her concession clips of other losing candidates.

So I'm convinced that boy was being genuine.

Millions of Americans have had to live with the consequences of that c**t in the oval office.

7 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Are they allowed to call him President-Elect Biden yet?

I was unsure if that was just temporary, or if it's been ruled out until he's actually in the White House issuing orders. Could be awkward.

I think technically he's not the President-Elect until the electoral college has actually met and voted. This is America, so there will doubtless be more mentalism around that. It's pretty common practice just to call them President-Elect once it's obvious they've won.