The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Trump into 11 Biden out to 1.09 on betfair. If this is such a certainty surely big hitters would be ploughing into 9% their investment on Biden even with any commission it's more than they are likely to get anywhere else in such a compressed timescale. Or maybe it's not as straightforward as most seem to assume it is ?

Do you mean Betfair Market? Betfair have already paid out.

It depends what Betfair Market regard as a win. There is some risk that this attempted coup will be successful, and some gamblers are presumably going with that.

Do you mean Betfair Market? Betfair have already paid out.

It depends what Betfair Market regard as a win. There is some risk that this attempted coup will be successful, and some gamblers are presumably going with that.

They haven't paid out on next president on the exchanges. Market still live and hasn't been settled. 591m matched with 250k available to back Biden at 1.1 now

33 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

They haven't paid out on next president on the exchanges. Market still live and hasn't been settled. 591m matched with 250k available to back Biden at 1.1 now

I was worried the bookies were gonna wait til a concession but Sky Bet paid out as soon as the news channels called it. Sky Bet are currently taking bets on the next Presidential Election and whether Donnie will concede or not.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Please somebody crack this?

This is utterly bizarre, why did they have all their money on Trump winning, why when he lost didn't they start again and why from the outset didn't they have a Trump wins press release and a Biden wins press release. Madness

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I was worried the bookies were gonna wait til a concession but Sky Bet paid out as soon as the news channels called it. Sky Bet are currently taking bets on the next Presidential Election and whether Donnie will concede or not.

Yeah the exchanges are weird, the standard bookies paid out on my President bets, just waiting for Georgia and North Carolina which are frozen, no cash out.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I don't think I've seen an interview quite like that before. It's nice when interviewers decide, with justification, not to treat the demented ramblings of the person they're interviewing with any respect. He's doing this to a lawyer for the President of the United States, because the whole thing is just one big cult.

Would be nice if our media had the balls to hold our own political figures to the same standard.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is utterly bizarre, why did they have all their money on Trump winning, why when he lost didn't they start again and why from the outset didn't they have a Trump wins press release and a Biden wins press release. Madness

It's what you get when you owe a lot of favours and somebody has a son or daughter who needs an intern job, and some time off the coke.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I don't think I've seen an interview quite like that before. It's nice when interviewers decide, with justification, not to treat the demented ramblings of the person they're interviewing with any respect. He's doing this to a lawyer for the President of the United States, because the whole thing is just one big cult.

I've only seen a couple from memory, and all of them coming after Trump's 2016 election victory. Boulton did very well to keep his cool while she interrupted, spouted inane pish about baseless, petty stuff with zero evidence to back it up. Were I him I'd have seriously considered just cutting her off and ending the interview as soon as she went into the voter fraud stuff because the claims of fraud are so easily debunked that you would have to be a Bovine University grade-A moron to fall for any of it. You have to wonder how this woman managed to be at the top of her law class as she claimed to have been. I guess if the only other people in your class are a rum ham, a chicken and a cactus then it's probably not too hard to be top of the class.

Just now, Andy_K_97 said:

I've only seen a couple from memory, and all of them coming after Trump's 2016 election victory. Boulton did very well to keep his cool while she interrupted, spouted inane pish about baseless, petty stuff with zero evidence to back it up. Were I him I'd have seriously considered just cutting her off and ending the interview as soon as she went into the voter fraud stuff because the claims of fraud are so easily debunked that you would have to be a Bovine University grade-A moron to fall for any of it. You have to wonder how this woman managed to be at the top of her law class as she claimed to have been. I guess if the only other people in your class are a rum ham, a chicken and a cactus then it's probably not too hard to be top of the class.

I guess American lawyers are trained to argue the indefensible the same as here. She shouldn't have pulled the victim bit when he called her out on it though, lets down the Ivy League esprit de coeur.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I guess American lawyers are trained to argue the indefensible the same as here. She shouldn't have pulled the victim bit when he called her out on it though, lets down the Ivy League esprit de coeur.

You knew as soon as she was resorting to trying to spin the narrative to "this old British guy is being rude to me just because I'm a woman" that she had lost. Well, she was losing the argument badly before but that was the point where she probably should have been cut off for certain. The Trumpism movement really is a cult and I don't know how you manage to diffuse the base from eating his lies, I suspect you probably can't with a lot of them.

9 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

You knew as soon as she was resorting to trying to spin the narrative to "this old British guy is being rude to me just because I'm a woman" that she had lost. Well, she was losing the argument badly before but that was the point where she probably should have been cut off for certain. The Trumpism movement really is a cult and I don't know how you manage to diffuse the base from eating his lies, I suspect you probably can't with a lot of them.

If she thought she had a hard time with Bolton, wait till she gets in front of a Judge. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If she thought she had a hard time with Bolton, wait till she gets in front of a Judge. 

"A non-zero number of people in the room" what kind of mental gymnastics are these people trying to play?

My take on the current rhetoric coming from the GOP figures in charge of trying to carry on as normal or saying that Trump has been robbed by the dems is to keep the base inflamed in the run-up to the runoff in January. After that watch them all try to drop DJT and squirm their way out of the situation, trying to get cushy book and TV deals.

1 minute ago, Andy_K_97 said:

"A non-zero number of people in the room" what kind of mental gymnastics are these people trying to play?

My take on the current rhetoric coming from the GOP figures in charge of trying to carry on as normal or saying that Trump has been robbed by the dems is to keep the base inflamed in the run-up to the runoff in January. After that watch them all try to drop DJT and squirm their way out of the situation, trying to get cushy book and TV deals.

They're concurrently trying to get the Supreme Court to try and remove health coverage for 18 million people, wonder how that will go down in Georgia. Incidentally, I just found out that the election has been called by the Associated Press since 1848, it's not exactly a new invention by the lame stream media. Saves waiting a month for all the states to complete their tallies when only one side can possibly win, and gives more time for the new administration to prepare before the official declaration when all the votes are in.

Still utterly ridiculous that the count is still taking place, election having been called or not. Guess it's a system that worked just fine until they ended up with a crank in charge, right enough. 

It will be interesting to see how senior GOP figures react in the coming days and in many cases trash whatever is left of their reputations. 

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Still utterly ridiculous that the count is still taking place, election having been called or not. Guess it's a system that worked just fine until they ended up with a crank in charge, right enough. 

It will be interesting to see how senior GOP figures react in the coming days and in many cases trash whatever is left of their reputations. 

The system predates electricity, when results from states would have been brought to Washington by pony express, so speed was hardly of the essence. They also have two months between the election and inauguration. American's slavish adherence to a set of rules written for a completely different time - part of which was to ensure big slave-owning states were well-represented - is one of the many odd things about them.