That’s a fake Genie!

Lofarl

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Were any P&Bers junior pyromaniacs and did the "genie" with a box of Scottish Bluebell matches?

I was a junior to a pyromaniac and was party to many fires and explosions. Didn't everyone set fire to the dry grass and make "bombs" with aerosol cans, sugar and weedkiller etc. There was no internet tutelage in those days...trial and error, mostly error.

33 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Were any P&Bers junior pyromaniacs and did the "genie" with a box of Scottish Bluebell matches?

Totally forgot about genies 🧞‍♂️ 😂 

Edit: was out with my eldest at the duchess Park about a month ago and a junior pyro bolted out the bushes followed by billows of smoke. My 8 year old had never seen anything like it. I shouted HAWL at the pyro, jumped in the bushes (which were smoking like a tyre fire) and stamped all over the matches. Fire out, wean looking at me like I'm some sort of hero. Fucking result. 

Didn't have the heart to tell him I used to do genies at that exact place 25 years ago

Edited by madwullie

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What a country India is. 

Nuclear power, space technology and folk duped by genie lamps. 

Not to mention a widespread resistance to the introduction of indoor plumbing putting an end to folk dropping trew and curling out a jobby in the street. 

15 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was a junior to a pyromaniac and was party to many fires and explosions. Didn't everyone set fire to the dry grass and make "bombs" with aerosol cans, sugar and weedkiller etc. There was no internet tutelage in those days...trial and error, mostly error.

That was back in the days when Paraquat was kept almost exclusively in old lemonade bottles in the shed and at least once a week it was on the news that someone had died dinking weedkiller.