Scotland v Czech Republic - Euro 2020

Ned Nederlander

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Scotland have played Czech Rep 7 times. I've been to four of them...all defeats.

The three I've missed?  all wins.

I don't have a ticket for June...make of that what you will.

Don't you dare

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Scotland have played Czech Rep 7 times. I've been to four of them...all defeats.

The three I've missed?  all wins.

I don't have a ticket for June...make of that what you will.

I was at the 2-1 defeat at Celtic Park - the one where McAllister was booed for playing shit and needing hooked and not for missing a fucking penalty like he and the press decided.

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

I was at the 2-1 defeat at Celtic Park - the one where McAllister was booed for playing shit and needing hooked and not for missing a fucking penalty like he and the press decided.

Yeah me too. I actually won tickets for the main stand at the piggery courtesy of my Nationwide Flex Account ( they were a big sponsor at the time). McAllister cried after the game but not in a good "Ryan Christie" kinda way.

I was at the game in Prague later that year and was in with the Czech fans behind the goal where future St. Mirren player Alan Johnston scored his brilliant diving header (we lost 3-2).

I was in the same end when future St. Mirren player David Clarkson scored a consolation goal in a 3-1 defeat in 2008.

I was at the 4-6-0 game (no SMFC connection there).

Missed the other friendly and the 2 Nations League games.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but with this tournament format it's entirely feasible to go through with three points and with four you're through.

Two of the four best third placed teams in 2016 had three points. We have two home games. Win this fucking game.

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Hampden Park - 14/06/21

One or two changes expected from the team that lost 3-0 to Morocco.

First game at a tournament in 23 years. 

A Monday, at 2pm, in Glasgow. 

They be as well declaring that a national hilday just now as there will be literally no c**t in work that day. 

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

I have no intention of being at the games, too many regular attenders deserve tickets more than me.  But I would love to join in, does that mean being in Glasgow and London?  Where will the best jump arounds be?

Usually a few folk knocking about Trafalgar Square!

FB_IMG_1605285671312.jpg

I have no intention of being at the games, too many regular attenders deserve tickets more than me.  But I would love to join in, does that mean being in Glasgow and London?  Where will the best jump arounds be?

Oof you're talking Glasgow mate. Every fucking place.....

But city centre would be best.

Edit, don't go near the ground as there are litterly no pubs, dry part years gone by.

On 13/11/2020 at 01:28, Ned Nederlander said:

yep my assessment also - Paw Broon either couldn't bring himself to do it or was completely engrossed in his sudoko.

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Edit, don't go near the ground as there are litterly no pubs, dry part years gone by.

Its not as bad as it used to be with COTH, The Clockwork, Montford and International all within a 5-10 minute walk of Hampden but they're always mobbed so I'd agree that city centre is best.

On 13/11/2020 at 01:18, Ned Nederlander said:

Hampden Park - 14/06/21

One or two changes expected from the team that lost 3-0 to Morocco.

To keep the continuity, I was there when we got humped in St Etienne by a pretty good Morocco side. Then we heard that Norway had beaten Brazil and they would be progressing from the group stages, rather than the bold Morocco. They had become Scotland.

Anyway, COVID-19/God willing I’ll be there for the opening game at Hampden. 3 tickets secured. Cheap and cheery ones, probably with a shit view.