Squad for the finals

Donathan

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Just don't see where Forrest fits into this system. You could play him at right wing back I suppose but I'm not sure he's a better option there than O'Donnell.

Even with Forrest left out you'd still have Fraser, Christie and Armstrong capable of playing on the wing if we moved to that sort of system. I reckon Clarke will take him and leave Considine at home, but I'm not sure Forrest fits the way we're playing now.

Ive already said he doesnt start because of this but if your one nil down with 20 mind to go he comes on for the wing back or if you are looking for a ball carrier to get you up the pitch when under the cosh he comes on for an attacker. He scored 16 goals and 22 assists in a shortened season just gone there, like I said if hes fit and playing there is no danger hes not in the squad. He is a target for many of the TA morons though but thankfully they dont pick the squad.

1 minute ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Billy Gilmour will be in the squad I'm sure. Would expect Forrest to be there as well. Wouldn't be too disappointed to see the back of Paterson, McBurnie or Jack.

Ryan Jack was fucking imperious last night. Can't believe anyone wouldn't want him in the squad.

2 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Good lord. We must have watched different games. Utterly invisible from start to finish.

JackGregor in midfield is how we won that game. Between them and the front three, we forced Serbia out wide and stopped them through the middle.

Not sure what you were watching if you didn't see that.

We wouldn't even have been in the play offs if it weren't for James Forrest scoring a hattrick against Israel. If fit he's a cert for the squad. Id agree with the general consensus that it'll be the OP squad with Shankland and Considine out for Forrest and McBurnie, barring any injuries.

We wouldn't even have been in the play offs if it weren't for James Forrest scoring a hattrick against Israel. If fit he's a cert for the squad. Id agree with the general consensus that it'll be the OP squad with Shankland and Considine out for Forrest and McBurnie, barring any injuries.

No room for sentiment based on a performance two years ago. If Forrest is fit and on form we take him. But if he’s not among our best 23 at the time then he stays home.

20 minutes ago, G51 said:

JackGregor in midfield is how we won that game. Between them and the front three, we forced Serbia out wide and stopped them through the middle.

Not sure what you were watching if you didn't see that.

This ... wasn’t convinced Ryan Jack should have been in there but completely won over by his performances the last couple of games. Think they both complement each other really well, they allowed the team to press further up the pitch, which just made Serbia look pish .. they aren’t, but the high press just put their defence under so much pressure it made them look honking. Think that’s a partnership that will just grow and grow, two really intelligent footballers, they make it work!

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It may be blasphemous, but from the OP's selection it'd be Considine. Tierney or McTominay might need to cover left wing back or central midfield respectively at some point but if you've got those two, Gallagher, McKenna and Cooper available you don't need a sixth centre back.

Interested to see if Billy Gilmour gets regular football when he's fully fit, he's the only uncapped player you'd think has a real chance of working his way in ahead of McLean or Fleck. Turnbull obviously isn't going to get a regular start at Celtic and with the quality of our other creative midfield options he'd need to have an exceptional season to play his way in.

Lewis Ferguson and Mc crorie must fancy forcing themselves int contention 

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

McBurnie will be there (probably over Shankland). Forrest will be there (Probably over Considine with McTominay described as a defender). Gilmour has a chance if he does well with Chelsea this year (Probably over Fleck)

Yep agree with these 3 changes, hope Gilmour makes it because that will mean he's really established himself at Chelsea (or out on loan somewhere). He'll be 20 by then so really should be in the squad. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Am I being wound up/whooshed here? Jack and McGregor must've covered every blade of grass twice over last night, utterly laughable take.

Agreed, some people on here will have their opinions formed of a player’s performance for Scotland before the game has kicked off.

24 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

I don't think I've seen lyndon dykes lose an ariel battle for Scotland, his work rate and desire is fantastic and an example to many

He's utterly ridiculous at winning flick ons and the ball just sticks to him when he takes it down.  Lovely footballer IMO.