St Johnstone v Motherwell, 21/11/20

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Do folk think the cup tie will go ahead? I just don't see how we can justify sending the backbone of current and future Scotland teams to Perth and put them at risk of serious injury from hatchet men. Wouldn't be fair to the country.

It’s at home, we shouldn’t let these Level 3 thugs into our Level 4 fiefdom 

27 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Is this thug shit some weird deflection for the fact you were completely outplayed? 

What disappoints me is your acceptance of that quality, neither team outplayed the other, it was a poor game and no-one showed up well, our goal was not bad.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Fair play, I personally think that's an incredibly positive spin to put on it.  Still hoping our luck will change at home when after 2 more we'll have played more than half our home league fixtures.  Time will tell I guess.

Scoring goals in the hardest, most inconsistent, part of football.

You can have the best team on the planet, perfect gameplan, perfect players, and lose 1-0 when a corner hits an opposing defender perfectly on the arse.

All you can do is play well, get the ball around the box, get players in the box, and go from there IMO.

I've been frustrated previously about poor shooting decisions near the box/poor crossing decisions near the box. I think today we tried all the right things at the right time, it just didn't come off most of the time.

Only issue is neither Wotherspoon or Conway are consistent goalscorers, so we're reliant on May.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can have the best team on the planet, perfect gameplan, perfect players, and lose 1-0 when a corner hits an opposing defender perfectly on the arse.

All you can do is play well, get the ball around the box, get players in the box, and go from there IMO.

I've been frustrated previously about poor shooting decisions near the box/poor crossing decisions near the box. I think today we tried all the right things at the right time, it just didn't come off most of the time.

Only issue is neither Wotherspoon or Conway are consistent goalscorers, so we're reliant on May.

Scotland fan?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At some point you have to consider other options.  3 goals in 8 league games at home is pish, however we try to dress it up.  It’s a fairly poor league this season and we have a decent squad.

There is no doubt in my mind that Davidson is the right man for the job; the team look organised, motivated and have a clear game plan.

I just think we set up far too safe at home against teams around us in the league. I rarely got excited today whenever we were around the box as I never expected it to come to anything. We have very few midfield runs beyond the ball, we rarely see dangerous balls in between the defence and keeper across the penalty area. Invariably our attacks involve loads of passes across the park before a hopeful ball is lumped into the box. We also hardly ever see a player centrally turn his man or run at a player to open up space as Swanson or MOH in his prime used to do. 

Probably a bit harsh, as it could be a hell of a lot worse, and we look close to being a decent side, but I refuse to accept our poor  goalscoring form is down to bad luck.

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Probably a bit harsh, as it could be a hell of a lot worse, and we look close to being a decent side, but I refuse to accept our poor  goalscoring form is down to bad luck.

It sort of is. Last season we were horrendous in attack, barely creating chances, yet Hendry hit a run of goalscoring form he's unlikely to ever match. He was regularly scoring with his only shot of the game.

Yet this season lack of goal threat is the system? Same players = Same problems.

Edited by RandomGuy.

16 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What's the story with Long coming on as a sub and being taken off a grand total of 14 minutes later? Injury?

Tactical to go 352 or give Lamie a chance to chuck one in. Take your pick.

The Twitter feed calls an injury for Long.

Edited by capt_oats

17 minutes ago, ropy said:

Robbo thinks yer pitch is like a tattie field

Surprised to hear Stephen Robinson making excuses after failing to win a game tbqh.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Surprised to hear Stephen Robinson making excuses after failing to win a game tbqh.

Given his players didn’t seem interested in playing the ball on the grass, the pitch could have been waterlogged for all it would have made a difference to them.