Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Rangers should have done the treble, the door was wide open for them to do that

Celtic had the biggest budget - by quite some distance. If anyone 'should' have won the treble, it was Celtic. 

I'd say Rangers had a very good season. Their league performance was remarkable but their Cup form was poor. Europe form was great, too. 

5 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Not for the Rangers it's not especially in a season where they were virtually unchallenged or pressured. 

1 out of 3 is the bear minimum. Your points total was above average in the league absolutely but your trophy haul wasn't

FTFY 

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It was evident from very early on Celtic weren't up for the fight and the wheels were coming off by end of October nor did they provide any challenge in either of the cup competitions.

Suggesting otherwise is completely disingenous.

Rangers should have done the treble, the door was wide open for them to do that

Are we just pretending that celtic never had the more expensive squad?

As I said, the season was about one thing and one thing alone. 

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

Are we just pretending that celtic never had the more expensive squad?

As I said, the season was about one thing and one thing alone. 

And that most expensive squad had shat it by October.

As you all keep saying Pep wouldn’t have stopped Rangers winning the league, can’t have it both ways pal

Celtic possibly still have the most expensive squad going into next season yet Rangers will be clear favourites and very few right now give Celtic much of a chance

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Celtic had the biggest budget - by quite some distance. If anyone 'should' have won the treble, it was Celtic. 

I'd say Rangers had a very good season. Their league performance was remarkable but their Cup form was poor. Europe form was great, too. 

Staunch af 

22 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They’ve also coincided with seasons when Celtic have had the biggest budget in the country which once again they will have. 

Ange has a massive advantage over all the other clubs.

The difference financially is the smallest it's been in a while and he's got to spread out his budget across 10 new players rather than 3 or 4. I don't think you can underestimate the influence of improving or maintaining a settled squad vs overhauling one in a short time. That's why I'd tip Hibs to finish above Aberdeen next season despite the Dons having more money. Simply because Aberdeen need quite a few major parts of the puzzle while Hibs can add to a more settled squad.

Ultimately a financial advantage in football doesn't guarantee success every season but does with near 100% certainty guarantee success over a longer time horizon.

34 minutes ago, DMCs said:

The difference financially is the smallest it's been in a while and he's got to spread out his budget across 10 new players rather than 3 or 4. I don't think you can underestimate the influence of improving or maintaining a settled squad vs overhauling one in a short time. That's why I'd tip Hibs to finish above Aberdeen next season despite the Dons having more money. Simply because Aberdeen need quite a few major parts of the puzzle while Hibs can add to a more settled squad.

Ultimately a financial advantage in football doesn't guarantee success every season but does with near 100% certainty guarantee success over a longer time horizon.

Agree with this, I think when you factor in player trading deficit/surplus the difference now is pretty negligible. 
Even if Celtic did a significant  share issue to help,  having an organisational structure  change with A dof, a new manager, new coaches, new ceo and a massive team/squad overhaul I dont think anyone would expect a title come the end of next season.

Edited by gannonball

59 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agree with this, I think when you factor in player trading deficit/surplus the difference now is pretty negligible. 
Even if Celtic did a significant  share issue to help,  having an organisational structure  change with A dof, a new manager, new coaches, new ceo and a massive team/squad overhaul I dont think anyone would expect a title come the end of next season.

Disagree, most of that is off the park nothing to do with playing the game,if you believe Celtic need a squad overhaul it happens every summer.
With the introduction of the colts it makes it more interesting,the speculation is always over hyped by the MSM.
For me we need a right back and a centre half would be a good start.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Disagree, most of that is off the park nothing to do with playing the game,if you believe Celtic need a squad overhaul it happens every summer.
With the introduction of the colts it makes it more interesting,the speculation is always over hyped by the MSM.
For me we need a right back and a centre half would be a good start.

I certainly hope this is the approach that Ange takes.

Much as it pains me, @gannonballis absolutely right.  If Celtic win this season's title it'll be the biggest shock since Wim.

17 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's was like given the kids the monthly budget for the messages and then getting them to cook dinner for you every night.

Some of the dross on here about Ange Postecoglou's appointment at Celtic is laughable.
Ange's getting appointed to Celtic might be something of a poisoned chalice, but I wish him luck.
He is no kangaroo molesting nobody. He is in fact quite an amazing football mind. If you don't know much about him then I suggest you need to find out. Time will tell ofcourse if Celtic and him fit together.
Ange likes to take his time which will be his challenge at Celtic. Any manager that can take a national team to two world cup finals can't be too bad. He also started in the Australian National team job after Holger Osieck completely ruined things as some sort of saviour and turned things around.  
During his watch, Australia won the Asian Cup which whilst nowhere as prestigious as the Euros or Copa America is a darn sight harder than winning the Highland League.
He is notorious for hating the press, so that will also be interesting to see how he responds to that.
Also bare in mind, that just because Australia is on the other side of the world, Australians know a lot about the Scottish and European game, most Australian Football fans include Ange have some sort of European ancestry and SPFL games are televised in Australia.  Domestic Football in Australia has always played second fiddle to the European game. Australians have for generations been plying their trade in Europe. both Rangers and Celtic have had Australian players who have been successful (e.g. Craig Moore and Mark Viduka among others).
We'll see if he last until Christmas...

1 hour ago, Chuckinho said:

Some of the dross on here about Ange Postecoglou's appointment at Celtic is laughable.
Ange's getting appointed to Celtic might be something of a poisoned chalice, but I wish him luck.
He is no kangaroo molesting nobody. He is in fact quite an amazing football mind. If you don't know much about him then I suggest you need to find out. Time will tell ofcourse if Celtic and him fit together.
Ange likes to take his time which will be his challenge at Celtic. Any manager that can take a national team to two world cup finals can't be too bad. He also started in the Australian National team job after Holger Osieck completely ruined things as some sort of saviour and turned things around.  
During his watch, Australia won the Asian Cup which whilst nowhere as prestigious as the Euros or Copa America is a darn sight harder than winning the Highland League.
He is notorious for hating the press, so that will also be interesting to see how he responds to that.
Also bare in mind, that just because Australia is on the other side of the world, Australians know a lot about the Scottish and European game, most Australian Football fans include Ange have some sort of European ancestry and SPFL games are televised in Australia.  Domestic Football in Australia has always played second fiddle to the European game. Australians have for generations been plying their trade in Europe. both Rangers and Celtic have had Australian players who have been successful (e.g. Craig Moore and Mark Viduka among others).
We'll see if he last until Christmas...

Hi Ange.  Welcome to P&B 

1 hour ago, Chuckinho said:

He is in fact quite an amazing football mind. If you don't know much about him then I suggest you need to find out. 

We know very little of him because he's never managed above the Scottish Championship level before. Why have big clubs never taken a chance on Ange and his "amazing football mind"? 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

We know very little of him because he's never managed above the Scottish Championship level before. Why have big clubs never taken a chance on Ange and his "amazing football mind"? 

Since when has any big club bothered with an Australian?
Doesn't mean they shouldn't. Coaching a national team to 2 world cup qualifications  must stand for something. He has a lot of managerial experience, but no, none in Scotland. 
Comparing different leagues etc is a waste of time here. He will either do a good job or a rubbish job. Time will tell. Hopefully he gets a chance to show what he can do. Not sure he will.

7 minutes ago, Chuckinho said:

He will either do a good job or a rubbish job.

This is the level of insight we love from you New 'Tics.  You are immediately placed above Daft Wee Drew, The Halfwit, The Self--important Gammonballs and Jinxedit1690.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is the level of insight we love from you New 'Tics.  You are immediately placed above Daft Wee Drew, The Halfwit, The Self--important Gammonballs and Jinxedit1690.

I know, not very insightful.
New 'Tics? I don't think I ever said that I followed either of the Old Firm. 
Saying that I haven't posted on here since 2012.

14 minutes ago, Chuckinho said:

He will either do a good job or a rubbish job. Time will tell. Hopefully he gets a chance to show what he can do. Not sure he will.

In short you're saying : He's an excellent manager who won't get results in the short term so will be sacked and that's a shame because if you give him enough time (with the biggest budget in the land) he would eventually win things.

Sounds like a real find.