2020 on P&B - Best and Worst

3 hours ago, virginton said:

It's hardly surprising that a man who frequents nightclubs on his own in his 50s displays other obvious public creepiness blindspots tbqhwy.

I wonder how continually posting a photo of a wee lassie on a football forum until the mods have to have a word compares....

The best moment in recent years on the website when Marshy finally got him.
Link/quote/screenshot/poor quality computer of your laptop please.
I vaguely remember being in one called G's (or similar) in about 2001. It was absolutely atrocious.
I was in Gs one Friday night a few years ago. Pretty sure our group doubled the attendance.

Been a funny old year. Firstly, a mention for the author of this thread @Marshmallo, who has taken the tired, stale formula of the yearly best/worst poster polls and has given it a very welcome modern twist. No longer will he be able to humbly describe himself as a mere 'football poster', for he is now a man for all threads, enhancing other's forum experiences. Truly the poster's poster.

A good year: the usual suspects have again risen to the top. @MixuFruit for his Coatbridge Analytical skills and all round posting. Comrade @NotThePars for planning jihad with me. A welcome return to form for VT and a mention for the various guises of Perthshire Bell, who's quirky brand of posting is always refreshing. Obviously the Whats App lads know who they are.

A not so good year: @pandarilla, @D.A.F.C have had difficult posting periods this year. To their credit they have posted through it and this is meant as a friendly arm around the shoulder rather than scathing criticism. @The_Kincardine has become increasingly silly over the last few months, perhaps a bit of reflection during the season of goodwill to all men (and tartan gonks).

It goes without saying that JTS98 and BawWatchin will battle it out for the worst poster title.

Best thread: the hearts relegation/spfl reconstruction thread produced moments not seen since the glorious summer of 2012, London hosted the Olympic games, Maroon 5 and Wiz Khalifa were top of the charts and Rangers died. A wee thanks to the St.Mirren lads for some great work here.

The winner is the Serbia v Scotland thread obviously. A nation rejoiced and grown men were reduced to tears for something other than little coloured circles.

best posting/dotting war: the Whats App lads v the p&b da's. This has cooled slightly since the controversial closing of the Heads Gone Thread front. Skirmishes are still ongoing, so I am not at liberty to discuss this any further.

best mod: the mods are a bit like cops and no one really likes cops. But these guys are more like your friendly community bobbies, than dirty special branch spycops. @Bully Wee Villa has wielded the banhammer effectively and efficiently, but everyone's favourite is of course @Tynierose. As the behaviour of authorities came under the spotlight more than ever in 2020 thanks to BLM, I'm sure that this is the sort of police brutality we can all get behind.

Screenshot_20201203-173450.thumb.jpg.c14e4064d8cff2ed236579dda2976f64.jpg

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Been a funny old year. Firstly, a mention for the author of this thread @Marshmallo, who has taken the tired, stale formula of the yearly best/worst poster polls and has given it a very welcome modern twist. No longer will he be able to humbly describe himself as a mere 'football poster', for he is now a man for all threads, enhancing other's forum experiences. Truly the poster's poster.

A good year: the usual suspects have again risen to the top. @MixuFruit for his Coatbridge Analytical skills and all round posting. Comrade @NotThePars for planning jihad with me. A welcome return to form for VT and a mention for the various guises of Perthshire Bell, who's quirky brand of posting is always refreshing. Obviously the Whats App lads know who they are.

A not so good year: @pandarilla, @D.A.F.C have had difficult posting periods this year. To their credit they have posted through it and this is meant as a friendly arm around the shoulder rather than scathing criticism. @The_Kincardine has become increasingly silly over the last few months, perhaps a bit of reflection during the season of goodwill to all men (and tartan gonks).

It goes without saying that JTS98 and BawWatchin will battle it out for the worst poster title.

Best thread: the hearts relegation/spfl reconstruction thread produced moments not seen since the glorious summer of 2012, London hosted the Olympic games, Maroon 5 and Wiz Khalifa were top of the charts and Rangers died. A wee thanks to the St.Mirren lads for some great work here.

The winner is the Serbia v Scotland thread obviously. A nation rejoiced and grown men were reduced to tears for something other than little coloured circles.

best posting/dotting war: the Whats App lads v the p&b da's. This has cooled slightly since the controversial closing of the Heads Gone Thread front. Skirmishes are still ongoing, so I am not at liberty to discuss this any further.

best mod: the mods are a bit like cops and no one really likes cops. But these guys are more like your friendly community bobbies, than dirty special branch spycops. @Bully Wee Villa has wielded the banhammer effectively and efficiently, but everyone's favourite is of course @Tynierose. As the behaviour of authorities came under the spotlight more than ever in 2020 thanks to BLM, I'm sure that this is the sort of police brutality we can all get behind.

Bully Wee Villa is a good poster and decent mod, but closing the heads gone was a dreadful move and has rightly dented his reputation.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bully Wee Villa is a good poster and decent mod, but closing the heads gone was a dreadful move and has rightly dented his reputation.

He still has credit in the bank thanks to his prompt handling of the various miscreants who periodically appear round these parts. 

You have made a very valid point of course and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see a judicial inquiry into the closing of the thread.

@Henderson to deliver ..... Inshallah, brother. Just opened a bottle of Staropramen to you and the rest of the WhatsApp biys.  You can be safe in the knowledge that even when we're hitting the ages of the P&B das we'll never stop cleaning house on the forum. And if you ain't down with that, we got two words for ya!

nintchdbpict000327700720.jpg

29 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This will only endear him to you boys even more, but if you met @Tynierose in person you’d blush in admiration as you stand there thinking:  “I hope to f**k I still look as good and well when I’m 63 anaw”.

No thread on Gen Nonsense is complete without @8MileBU slithering in with some "matey" comment towards someone.

Type of bloke who stands at the bar in a pub on his own, just so he can speak to everyone who goes up for a drink.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Didn’t realise that tynie post got so many hits, Is 102 greenies the record for a single post?

There's a linkage on the main forum page, just change the date range.

Tynies post just makes #16 all time.

Screenshot_20201203-214212.thumb.jpg.cca7566717b000d6bec4e93880537204.jpg

Edited by Manifesto
It was #16 not #15, I missed the NSFW one.