Alloa vs Ayr

12 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Absolutely agree, too often this season we've looked toothless going forward.

Yeah we discussed that a bit, Buchanan's legs going a bit and Thomson decent but a bit one-dimensional. Definitely missing the movement of O'Hara. You can certainly keep the ball well and make chances but need that cutting edge where it matters. Any realistic targets you'd like to see come in at January time to try and address this?

10 minutes ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Yeah we discussed that a bit, Buchanan's legs going a bit and Thomson decent but a bit one-dimensional. Definitely missing the movement of O'Hara. You can certainly keep the ball well and make chances but need that cutting edge where it matters. Any realistic targets you'd like to see come in at January time to try and address this?

I think you both covered it we are really lacking someone to break the lines and get in behind, who that may be i haven't a clue but I do think it is something that need addressed if we want to stay up.

First time listening to through the turnstiles and thoroughly enjoyed it, keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Don’t know how you get to the conclusion he does not know his best starting line up ? 
How many games has he had the opportunity to field his best 11 , since the league commenced in NOT 1 game has he had the opportunity to play his preferred 11 due to injuries, international call ups and suspensions , but going on your numerous negative comments I am not surprised that’s what you think 

Hardly negative, simply just wanting us to improve on recent performances which IMO have been on the whole poor and stating that team selection is probably an issue which has caused this. I don't agree with Kerr benching Muirhead for the last two games from his return to suspension when Roscoe and Baird have been underwhelming IMO

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Don’t know how you get to the conclusion he does not know his best starting line up ? 
How many games has he had the opportunity to field his best 11 , since the league commenced in NOT 1 game has he had the opportunity to play his preferred 11 due to injuries, international call ups and suspensions , but going on your numerous negative comments I am not surprised that’s what you think 

You okay pal? 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Based on the news that Smith and Walsh should be back for this I'm now feeling a bit more confident about this one.  5-0 Ayr.  

I'll have whatever you're having.

3 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Do you agree Alloa are a couple of players away in key positions from being a really decent outfit? 

No doubt about it as Liam says. Think we all agreed before the season started that with Ray Grant and Stefan Scougall coming in that there was hope we could fill the gap left by Iain Flannigan, but that we needed some more pace and creativity in attack to help replace Kevin O'Hara.  The manager did too as he said he was trying to get another attacker in before the window closed. Similar to last season in a way when we were short until New Year and then managed to get some good signings in. 

All that said, it hasn't really been attack that has cost us so far but defence. In pretty much every game apart from QoS we have competed well but dropped points due to daft mistakes at the back. With the key men back over the past couple of weeks we have been more solid. Need to keep that going tomorrow and hope we can convert chances when they come along.

Important to build on the success against Hearts. I'd go with the same team, which would be harsh on Jon Robertson if he is fit, but Jamieson certainly deserves to keep his place. 

Sinisalo

Huston.     Aero.      Baird.      Redding 

Walsh.    Murdoch.  Chalmers  Smith 

Anderson.       Moffat   

I’ve been on the fence all week about purchasing this game, a mixture of Ayrs performance on Saturday and Alloa’s use of pixelot which was a shitemare against ICT however I’ve caved and bought it. The black and white £ keeping Alloa alive from home. 

Really interested to see how we line up. There simply needs to be changes from Saturday. Ideally Houston, Roscoe and Baird would all come out however with very little cover in that area  it won’t happen. If we’re totally honest not one of the players who started on Saturday could have any complaints if they did drop out. That being said I’d go:

Sinisalo 

Houston Baird Muirhead Reading 

Chalmers Murdoch 

McCowan Smith Zanatta

Anderson

Subs- Hare-Reid, Miller, Roscoe, Walsh, McKenzie, Moffat, Cameron 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve been on the fence all week about purchasing this game, a mixture of Ayrs performance on Saturday and Alloa’s use of pixelot which was a shitemare against ICT however I’ve caved and bought it. The black and white £ keeping Alloa alive from home. 

Really interested to see how we line up. There simply needs to be changes from Saturday. Ideally Houston, Roscoe and Baird would all come out however with very little cover in that area  it won’t happen. If we’re totally honest not one of the players who started on Saturday could have any complaints if they did drop out. That being said I’d go:

Sinisalo 

Houston Baird Muirhead Reading 

Chalmers Murdoch 

McCowan Smith Zanatta

Anderson

Subs- Hare-Reid, Miller, Roscoe, Walsh, McKenzie, Moffat, Anderson 

Pixellot is operated by joystick now everywhere in the championship, the AI just can't handle it. 

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pixellot is operated by joystick now everywhere in the championship, the AI just can't handle it. 

I used the AI for a BSC Glasgow game btw and it was near flawless. Really impressive. Still doesn't know how to do corners but the tracking was exceptional during open play.

Seeing as we have a full squad available and we're playing on a surface which suits our liquid football then this really shouldn't be anything but a convincing win, surely?
That didn't exactly work at Livingston who have an AstroTurf did it...

Anyone else having a problem with the janky checkout system on the Alloa site? It's looking for my card details without telling me how much I'm paying. In fact, the only mention of money on the page is £168 for a season! I'll be leaving it for now.

43 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Anyone else having a problem with the janky checkout system on the Alloa site? It's looking for my card details without telling me how much I'm paying. In fact, the only mention of money on the page is £168 for a season! I'll be leaving it for now.

The joy of one page checkout/watch page for the game. It's meant to make it simpler.

Sign up first then buy. Once you've bought it won't let you buy a second time. So I think the only thing you get to see is "buy a season ticket."

Yes, it’s not great. I had similar problems. I thought I had bought a season ticket too but only £12 was taken from account. No login code for online purchase. I presume you just go. In to the website later with normal login procedure and you will have access to game. Fingers crossed.