Alloa vs Ayr

I'll take that.

Hard to comment on the first half as the stream was so bad. Alloa didn't really threaten us, they maybe should have had a penalty but we created the better chances.

I had my doubts about the starting 11 but Kerr got it right.

Discipline looks bad - we're a red card every two games. Missing Smith next week won't help either.

Edited by Trogdor

No idea about the first half, but only really one team in the second. Even after the sending off you would struggle to recognise we had an extra man.

Ayr definitely not as strong as the team that were 4 up in half an hour here last year (that 1st half was the best performance I seen at the Recs last year) but unfortunately we seem to have regressed further.

It's quite funny when you look at the bare stats, that's our much slaughtered defence and keeper not conceded a goal in the past 3 league matches now, however I'm sure some will still find something to moan amount.

Not great losing Cammy, however it gives a chance for Tom Walsh to come in and show us what he can do so not a complete disaster.

2 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

No idea about the first half, but only really one team in the second. Even after the sending off you would struggle to recognise we had an extra man.

Ayr definitely not as strong as the team that were 4 up in half an hour here last year (that 1st half was the best performance I seen at the Recs last year) but unfortunately we seem to have regressed further.

Very fair comment - thought you'd scored late in the second half but Sinsalo had 'smuggled' the ball somehow. Yes, we're not as strong as last year but this is a new team that's still looking for the right combinations and the right tactics on the day - but it was night and day compared to our last outing against Lavvi. Congrats to Kerr and McCardle for getting this week spot on.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I worry for Alloa but then again QOS look terrible

Reckon it's early days to have worries, bro' - anyone who saw us last week could have had monster palpitations but seven days later and we're looking okay and not a worry for anyone. Losing Smith was annoying today but nice to see Aero back and getting stuck in - plus he made a major contribution for our second goal which was excellent. I'll wait until January before making predictions but today was decent. Onwards.   

Very poor from us today. First half was decent, but after losing the first goal I felt we were never going to get an equaliser. That's us scored in just two of six championship games and it's pretty obvious we don't have the right quality and balance in the front four positions. Not sure what Peter Grant is going to do, but we need something done.

On the stream, It is difficult for clubs to deal with technical issue on the day. If they outsource the streaming, they will lose further revenue that they can ill afford to use. The live streaming for the majority of clubs is still in its infancy. 

Going live with streaming 15 minutes before kick-off means people are unsure if a stream is working until 14:45, some clubs have a holding image saying that a live stream will start shortly which at least gives confidence that you have access. Today, a lot of people didn't get a feed until 15:05

The picture quality was poor and it looked, much like the Ayr game a few weeks ago, that they waited until half time to reboot something or at least make changes. Telling people on social media, this isn't working, we'll reboot might help people understand there are issues and the provider is trying to fix things rather than having something unwatchable for the first half.

The pixelot system has been a poor addition, not just because of the ball tracking technology but also that there are now on-line "illegal" streams available of games. Clubs not getting it right will make more people seek out these streams rather than chance paying £10 - £15 - £18 for a stream that is potentially unwatchable. 

With a decent service, there may be a market for PPV going forward after the pandemic, particularly for away that don't attend many away games, it may be a revenue stream we shouldn't close.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The pixelot system has been a poor addition, not just because of the ball tracking technology but also that there are now on-line "illegal" streams available of games. Clubs not getting it right will make more people seek out these streams rather than chance paying £10 - £15 - £18 for a stream that is potentially unwatchable.

I'm not au fait enough with the technology to understand the hows and whys but would there not be illegal streams also available if the clubs just did it themselves without Pixelot?

It's certainly irritating me at the moment that I spend the majority of the hour before each home game and the first half hour of the game deleting links to dodgy streams from our Facebook page and banning the posters. There were very few last night when it was on tv anyway but usually it's dozens and dozens of them.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not au fait enough with the technology to understand the hows and whys but would there not be illegal streams also available if the clubs just did it themselves without Pixelot?

It's certainly irritating me at the moment that I spend the majority of the hour before each home game and the first half hour of the game deleting links to dodgy streams from our Facebook page and banning the posters. There were very few last night when it was on tv anyway but usually it's dozens and dozens of them.

I think all the illegal streams are being broadcast through the in-play betting channels provided by pixelot. They have no commentary and the Stranraer game was definitely the Pixelot footage  rather than the club feed two weeks ago.

Clubs have offered Geo-blocked streams before and links haven't been available. when I looked for the availability of a Europa League game not on BT during the week, all Championship games were advertised but none of the Premier league games were. 

For it to be advertised in advance, someone would have to subscribe to all individual games and make them available, so I am guessing it is either the betting feed or the SLFL feed that is being broadcast. 

1 hour ago, printer said:

Very poor from us today. First half was decent, but after losing the first goal I felt we were never going to get an equaliser. That's us scored in just two of six championship games and it's pretty obvious we don't have the right quality and balance in the front four positions. Not sure what Peter Grant is going to do, but we need something done.

I only saw the first half as I was then dragged to a Christmas market. But maybe that wasn't a bad result in the end... 

Thought we did OK in the first half, albeit again lacking a cutting edge. Wasn't much in that 45 minutes though and it looked like the first goal would be crucial. 

Think we all knew even before a ball was kicked that we were going to be short up front. That should have been addressed before the window closed, unless the budget was spent. But still feel the manager can address the lack of creaty to some extent by finding a role for Scougall and giving him a run of games. 

My stream was pretty grim today, but still better than it was for the Stenny and Hearts games. But seems this time a lot of people had similar issues.