Livingston vs Dundee Utd

Thursday now - does anyone give a f**k?

Our performance up at Tannadice was our best of the season (not many to pick from, granted), but United are unbeaten since that game. Eminently winnable from our perspective but Mellon has channeled his inner Brexit-ball which’ll make it a tough one. 

It is glaringly obvious that United play better with a back 4 but I think Micky will go with 3 central defenders again in this one.

Despite Livi deservedly winning at Tannadice earlier in the season, I thought Lyndon Dykes was anonymous for the visitors so hopefully Connolly can keep him quiet again.

Fingers crossed we can muster more than one shot at goal this time.

Score prediction: 0-0

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It is glaringly obvious that United play better with a back 4 but I think Micky will go with 3 central defenders again in this one.

Despite Livi deservedly winning at Tannadice earlier in the season, I thought Lyndon Dykes was anonymous for the visitors so hopefully Connolly can keep him quiet again.

Somehow I don't think you mean Lyndon Dykes as he'd moved to QPR a month or two beforehand.

For that game against United we had Scott Tiffoney leading the line although he's about two foot shorter :)

At the moment its difficult for any Livi fan to make any form of reasoned prediction as it really depends on what team turns up on the day. In fact the only prediction I can make is its going to be a bl00dy cold one!

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Possibly because he was playing for QPR at the time

Going forward we were a lot better with Martindale's line up, not sure if we're going to be any better at the back, Ayr never actually tested our defence, however that was mainly down to how we played pressing them in attack. Which is what we did to Utd in our last game, so same again would be great.

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are Livi in freefall?

Right now the only thing I can see happening is thinking we'll be fine because of our squad, and getting relegated. Then starting next season in the Championship with a squad easily good enough to go up and finishing 7th.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The players, somehow let off the leash like kids acting up when the supply teacher comes in, put a performance of exhilarating attacking football which takes the breath away.

2-0 Livingston.

Be like a kids game, everyone chasing around after the ball like headless chickens. Certainly would be lively to watch.

14 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

We can all make excuses for poor performances. I just expected better as he has been excellent for Scotland.

This. He had his poor games earlier in the season but since signing for Scotland he's been doing well, just a shame he's only getting a game every couple of months.