Dunfermline Athletic v Greenock Morton

I’d rather keep F Murray in the middle alongside McInroy, keep Dow on the right and have Turner in behind McManus.

Failing that, the second lineup DAFC. posted would be absolutely fine. I just think we’ll get far more out of Turner in the attacking midfielder/sitting behind the striker role.

18 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’d go with the 4-2-3-1 you’ve got there, but with Thomas on the right and F Murray on the left. Always feel Thomas is more effective on the right, where he has the option of cutting in onto his left foot. Likewise, Murray has looked best when played on the left - see his goal on Saturday.

We were wondering how Crawford was going to approach this one, fancy Murray to start after his impact against Raith, and with Thomas on the other side there's plenty threat of getting down the sides of Morton's back 3. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoLkSdtDP6o

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It says a lot that Hopkirk would rather resign from his job than take on Craw and his Pars team. Intimidating the opposition out a job.

But he left his no.2 in charge and no-one intimidates Geoff Randall.

On 10/12/2020 at 17:14, DAFC. said:

As for line-ups, not sure if Crawford will stick or twist, given everyone, bar Lewis Martin of course, should be fully fit. I’d personally like to see him go for the latter of the two of these as it is affective against the teams we perhaps are expected to get a result against.

IMG_5173.jpg
IMG_5174.jpg

That 4-2-3-1 has the potential to be a really exciting side. My only reservation is that Turner seems to play better in that AM role behind McManus.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s outrageous that they don’t have billion dollar cutting edge technology imo.

The German lads own the company. They’re just too humble to mention it. 

Incredible to see Pars fans discussing possible tactics and lineups. So accustomed to the AJ “same again unless we’ve lost 8 games in a row or someone has lost both legs” experience. Even then it might just be one change up front.

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

442 for us with O'Hara and McManus upfront, Turner and McInroy in midfield, very attacking. 

How's the Morton team set up? 

f**k knows. Whatever it is, we've dropped our only competent centre back and regardless whether it's a four or five at the back we've not got anyone who can play on the right.

This is going to be a right laugh.

Fjortoft is our best player and obviously dropped for something he's said about the current situation. No other reason for it. No MacIver who is our best forward. No Nesbitt who is our best winger/number 10 type player.

Not going to be pretty. This should be another shoeing.

I've not watched much of us this season tbh so not in the best position to comment but seen enough of Muirhead and Orsi last season to know that they should be nowhere near that team. Most people say Fjortoft has been our best centre back all season as well so I'm surprised to see him drop to the bench.

Surprised we’ve went so attacking but Kevin O’Hara has deserved a start. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Maybe with Morton playing a solid 5 at the back Crawford feels it’s needs must.

Morton missing a few players that you could say are their “danger” men. We should be winning this.

0-1 defeat incoming.