Arbroath vs Alloa

Even at this early stage in the season this is a massive game. I see both us and Alloa in a 4 team league with Morton and Queen of the South so a win for one of us could be pivotal come the end of the season.

DC needs to drop Hilson, it’s not worked for him on the wing and it didn’t work with him up front yesterday. Ruth deserves a start again on the wing with Bobby on the other. Don’t know if Miko picked up a knock yesterday but based on his overall performance he shouldn’t be in the starting XI on Saturday. Hopefully TOB is ok after the elbow from Sow as well.

I’d go with a 4-1-5

Gaston
Thomson little TOB hammy
Mckenna
Hilson ruth doolan donnelly linn

Could be a struggle to fill the goal of the season contenders at this rate [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

I know McKenna is energetic but... [emoji23] Going for the 5-5 draw.

Gaston
JT Little ToB Hammy
Gold Miko Craigen Ruth
McKenna Linn

Give Bobby a bit of freedom, pretty much our only threat at times and he is wasted tracking back all game, Couldnt decide between McKenna or Ruth up top, Hilson needs dropped, just not happening for him, would consider putting Whatley in if he was fit too,

3 points is is a must,

IMO even this early in the season this is a MASSIVE game for both teams and a MUST WIN for us.

To get 3 points and create a wee gap would boost our players and should deflate the opposition as we have some really hard fixtures coming up.

I really do think we "have to go for the win" so should go with 2 up top, imo our only true "penalty box striker" is Doolan so i would start with him up front with A.N.Other (choose between Ruth/Swanks/Smith/Hilson/McKenna) but tell Doolan "stay in the box as much as you can and do not make wide runs looking for the ball be a STRIKER..............................he proved against Hearts he is a handful but the problem is as he is the lone striker and with no support he goes looking for the ball rather than feed off the crosses which is not his game.

Plus lets get the corner-kicks past the first man and aim for the penalty spot as our set pieces have been very poor up to now this season.

C'MON the Red Lichties lets do this, 36-0.  

I'm maybe not as negative as some of the Alloa posters here about our prospects. We looked good in the League Cup group stage and our poor start to the league was mainly down to gifting horrific goals when we were actually playing ok. But that was understandable when we ended up having to sign a new keeper on the morning of the first league game and with a scratch central defence. The only shite performance was QoS, when the key men at the back had returned but the team simply didn't turn up. They responded very well to that by beating Hearts. Did ok last week too, just lacked a cutting edge.

That's the big issue without doubt, they can knock it about well but O'Hara is badly missed in attack. The manager will need to address that next month but in the meantime we have to get some points on the board. Hopefully we can have a go at Arbroath today and try and get off the bottom. And as I've been saying for weeks, I'd really like to see a start for Scougall.