Well v Saints 12/12/2020

1 minute ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m partly seething, partly thinking St Mirren have been very lucky to win today and partly wondering if we’ll ever score again?

Pish

Really? We were marginally better in the first half and well drilled in the second half. A draw might have been fairer but 'very lucky' suggests we've stolen one.

Just now, Gianfranco said:

I’m partly seething, partly thinking St Mirren have been very lucky to win today and partly wondering if we’ll ever score again?

Pish

We spent 60 minute with Lang, Long and Watt. 3 attackers who aren't interested in leading the line instead want to drop off and get the ball.

Even longer with a midfield devoid of creativity. I know Polworth hasn't been on form but without him there isn't a midfielder capable of playing a good forward pass.

We are absolutely dreadful. You look at the list of attackers and none of them fill you with any belief. Couple that with gifting anyone we play at least one goal a week and we're careering downhill. 

You'd hope there's scope to sort *something* in January or we are absolutely heading for a relegation scrap. 

We are absolutely dreadful. You look at the list of attackers and none of them fill you with any belief. Couple that with gifting anyone we play at least one goal a week and we're careering downhill. 
You'd hope there's scope to sort *something* in January or we are absolutely heading for a relegation scrap. 

Absolutely no fear factor from us going forward. Could play until 22:00 and would still not score.

Watt is never going to give us 15 goals a season, he’s the type of player you stick on with 15 minutes to go when in need of a goal.
Long completely uninterested.
Lang and Cole don’t look up to it either.

St Mirren didn’t have to do anything special and deserved the win. If the 6 points get taken off us then we’re in real trouble this season [emoji85]

Terrible.

St. Mirren well worth it. Came out, got their goal, soaked it up full in the knowledge that'd be enough. 

Wonder if that's enough for Robinson to blow it up again. This system doesn't work with the bodies we've got, for all Hastie and Seedorf are or aren't, no chance you're telling me they're definintively worse than our other forward options at the moment, who currently look like three laddies who met in the car park before the game. 

Plenty of running about in the midfield, f**k all football. Don't care if Polworth has been aff it, you find the way to make him play, because he's the only footballer we've got in there. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I can fully understand now why Ropy is clinging onto those 6 points from the SPFL like Smeagol with the ring.

Yeah, you can see why the Motherwell fans are shitting themselves at the prospect of having to play the game. Huge win, and huge game next week. Could be up to 8th or 9th if we win that.

Desperately need to start killing games off when we are on top though.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Yeah, you can see why the Motherwell fans are shitting themselves at the prospect of having to play the game. Huge win, and huge game next week. Could be up to 8th or 9th if we win that.

Desperately need to start killing games off when we are on top though.

The thing is that if the appeal is successful, the games will be rearranged for a point where we'll surely have someone else up front.

I’ll change my very lucky to a bit lucky to win. I just felt that Lang and Polworth should have buried their chances. It was the classic score first and soak up the pressure performance from an away team. Killie under Steve Clarke were brilliant at it. I can’t see us putting in that type of performance anytime soon ourselves.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The thing is that if the appeal is successful, the games will be rearranged for a point where we'll surely have someone else up front.

Yeah, and also, they are not very good. That's a bottom 4 team in a false position right now and I think they'd lose the two games.