I can’t believe they signed him

Was pretty surprised when Accies signed David Templeton! Knew he had injury issues and most likely would be a far cry from the wonder kid type talent he was when he first came on to the scene but still felt like a bit of a coup.

He's ended up being far better than anticipated as well, albeit still riddled with fitness problems

19 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

Remembering the day Mo Johnston left Celtic and signed for Rangers -  Glasgow Live

2 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

Overall Maurice Johnston to Rangers. Remember being on holiday in Majorca at the time and it was front page news in the Daily MAjorcan (or whatever the local expat newsletter was called). 

For Hibs - Archibald.  He was only 2 years off playing in European Cup final for Barcelona when he joined us. 

i listen to Radio Clyde at times when i'm out with the dog, and i keep hearing from Shoo Keevin that  ''the divide'' is toxic compared to the good old days of yore, what a lot of revisionist pish

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He's an Aberdeen boy and, you know, money.  Made perfect sense.

Was it that big a surprise?  Aberdeen had been after him for ages by the time he signed a pre-contract.  Think I'm right in saying we turned a offer the previous summer that included Considine coming to us.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Was pretty nice when we signed this guy.  The bloke next to him left soon after too I think?

image.jpeg.ba083d18eb96bead5a18a7bcf01407b1.jpeg

I thought Niculae was a real let down.  Didn't help that we didn't play a style of football to utilise him properly.  He was definitely skilful but nowhere near fit enough and didn't put in a lot of effort.

Edited by Highland Capital

5 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Tommy Burns for me.  

A brilliant and inspired signing for us at the time and probably the main catalyst for us being where we are now compared to then 

Today is TBs birthday, he would have been 64.....

Edited by C4mmy31

Although the obvious ones have been mentioned, worth mentioning them again along with some others who had some big backgrounds.....

Caniggia & Ravanelli, 2 of the biggest blockbuster signings we have had, that need no history write up about them. Don't know if I have mentioned it (I definitely have, several times) but I have a signed Ravanelli Dundee top.

We have also already had Temuri Ketsbia.

Beto Carranza, over 80 appearances for Boca Juniors, also playing for Independiente and Racing Club with a cap for Argentina.

Marco De Marchi, Ex Juventus, Roma and Bologna.

Ivano Bonetti, Ex Juventus, Sampdoria,  Bologna, Torino, Atalanta, Genoa and every other club in Italy.

Georgi Nemsadze, Grasshopper, Trabzonspor and the Georgian Captain during his time with us. Arguably the greatest player I have ever seen in a Dundee shirt.

Craig Burley, still on 32 when he signed. Less said about him the better.

Jimmy Johnstone, only 3 games under Tommy Gemmell.

The players that nearly got lucky enough to wear the Dark Blue but fell at the final hurdle, Diego Maradona and Edgar Davids.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Although the obvious ones have been mentioned, worth mentioning them again along with some others who had some big backgrounds.....

Caniggia & Ravanelli, 2 of the biggest blockbuster signings we have had, that need no history write up about them. Don't know if I have mentioned it (I definitely have, several times) but I have a signed Ravanelli Dundee top.

We have also already had Temuri Ketsbia.

Beto Carranza, over 80 appearances for Boca Juniors, also playing for Independiente and Racing Club with a cap for Argentina.

Marco De Marchi, Ex Juventus, Roma and Bologna.

Ivano Bonetti, Ex Juventus, Sampdoria,  Bologna, Torino, Atalanta, Genoa and every other club in Italy.

Georgi Nemsadze, Grasshopper, Trabzonspor and the Georgian Captain during his time with us. Arguably the greatest player I have ever seen in a Dundee shirt.

Craig Burley, still on 32 when he signed. Less said about him the better.

Jimmy Johnstone, only 3 games under Tommy Gemmell.

The players that nearly got lucky enough to wear the Dark Blue but fell at the final hurdle, Diego Maradona and Edgar Davids.

Glorious times for the Dees, heady days reaching 5th in the top tier.